Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL statement: ongoing disciplinary proceedings

Comments

• Options
    Gutless EFL. They are in a huge mess with unresolved issues all around them. They are looking for the easiest way out so are delaying any decisions waiting in the hope some of them are made for them or so they can choose who gets penalised after the event. Don't understand the view that we haven't been charged so nothing can apply now until next season. We have been charged with Misconduct and I don't trust them not to penalise us for the sins of ESI.
    When were we charged with misconduct, because I recall us being invesigated, but don't recall us being charged?
  • Options

Just listen to EFL. Dragging the game into disrepute, yet again. English football must change or die. EFL patently refuse to embrace change, or put their house in order. Think the English game is finished. Glamour clubs will form a Euroleague, the likes of most EFL clubs will go under. The Footba££ £eague.............
  • Options
    I believe I read the season has to be resolved by August 4th, in order for the transfer of clubs between divisions to be completed within the following 7 days. Or something like that.

There's also the issue of getting next season's fixture list compiled and published.

Each club also needs to know what division it is competing in, for playing staff and budget purposes.

If the the proposal is for the new EFL season to kick off on 12th September, there really is no time for appeals and administrative dilly-dallying.

• Options
    Could we even have a situation where the EFL new season is prevented from starting on the scheduled date (mooted to be Sept 12th) ...... because of clubs bringing injunctions and court hearings?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Could we even have a situation where the EFL new season is prevented from starting on the scheduled date (mooted to be Sept 12th) ...... because of clubs bringing injunctions and court hearings?

I think so. How long have they dragged all situations out? No communication at all? 

Could get messy this. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I can't see how Wigan's appeal will take too long and surely Wednesday would have to present new evidence. They can't claim their hearing was rushed! Of course we shouldn't forget, we have it in our own hands to not be affected by this. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I believe I read the season has to be resolved by August 4th, in order for the transfer of clubs between divisions to be completed within the following 7 days. Or something like that.

There's also the issue of getting next season's fixture list compiled and published.

Each club also needs to know what division it is competing in, for playing staff and budget purposes.

If the the proposal is for the new EFL season to kick off on 12th September, there really is no time for appeals and administrative dilly-dallying.
    Ever since discussions started over getting this mini-season completed I've long felt that when the Premier League / Championship will come to an end, the big wigs will all shake hands, pat themselves on the back and with a smile say what a damned good job they've just done (the scenes will be similar to your American disaster movie where the disaster is averted at the last minute and everyone back at the base celebrates)

Your then going to get a small voice in the back of the room piping up with: "Yeah but what about next season"

Instantly the room will go deathly quiet, the big wigs will look confused and baffled (as normal) and wont have a clue how to respond to the question

I genuinely believe they dont have a clue about getting the new season back to normal so quickly, fitting in the League Cup / Football League Trophy etc. and wont be able to sort it in the month, month and a half before the new season is supposed to begin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why the fuck are they waiting until Wednesday to give them the 12 point penalty?  The argument was that if they are relegated naturally then they'll get the deduction in league one but if there's no chance of them being relegated naturally then the penalty will be given in the championship.
    They were out of the woods weeks ago weren't they. So why wait?

Shit show of an establishment.
  • Options
    You would have though that lockdown would have been a great time to resolve the Derby and Wednesday situation. I mean there is zoom and there was lots of time!
  • Options
    Wigan will be getting 12 points even if they stay up this season, isn't that against what the EFL said a few weeks back? 
  • Options
    No, the only way they would have avoided getting 12 points deducted this season is if they got relegated without a deduction. Then it would have carried on to next season.  
  • Options
    No, the only way they would have avoided getting 12 points deducted this season is if they got relegated without a deduction. Then it would have carried on to next season.  
    But that’s not the case now?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    It still is I think. The only thing is if they get relegated with the points deduction, it will be subject to the outcome of their appeal.
  • Options
    It still is I think. The only thing is if they get relegated with the points deduction, it will be subject to the outcome of their appeal.
    Death decisions have been decided quicker than this.
  • Options
    So basically we win Wednesday we ain't safe all depends how the efl are feeling and what they want it to be. Sounds dodgy to me. 
    We’re safe regardless if we win aren’t we?
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Just listen to EFL. Dragging the game into disrepute, yet again. English football must change or die. EFL patently refuse to embrace change, or put their house in order. Think the English game is finished. Glamour clubs will form a Euroleague, the likes of most EFL clubs will go under. The Footba££ £eague.............
    But that's the while point isn't it?  Who needs who more?

People give the premier league loads of stick for keeping to much of the money and that is fair enough but... The football league can't generate the money the Premier league give them themselves.  Because if they could they would.  And there is probably only 5 or 6 leagues in the world that generate more income than the championship. 

The 14 "other clubs" at any one time are reliant on the other 6 to generate all the money so they vote against their own long term interests for short term money.

The top 6 clubs, and some others would leave English football tomorrow if the FA pissed them all off to much.  And who in Asia is going to watch Southampton v Newcastle on super Sunday when Manchester United v Barcelona is on the other channel. 

English football is addicted to money like a smack head looking for its next fix. 

You can regulate it and criminalise it all you like but its screwed until you break that cycle. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    So basically we win Wednesday we ain't safe all depends how the efl are feeling and what they want it to be. Sounds dodgy to me. 
    We’re safe regardless if we win aren’t we?
    Not if we get punished. I can’t see us getting a point deduction though. 
  • Options
    WTF does that statement even mean. WTF is going on here?

Clown shoes.
  • Options
    I have just been told and I have no idea how true it is but..... 

8 parties, including representatives of "groups close to" Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby (I assume some sort of stake holders, not the owners, but that's me guessing) have applied for an injunction to postpone Wednesday's games until the EFL sort it.

If, admittedly a big if, it's true that's peek 2020 stuff. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:

8 parties, including representatives of "groups close to" Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby (I assume some sort of stake holders, not the owners, but that's me guessing) have applied for an injunction to postpone Wednesday's games until the EFL sort it.

lunatics taking over the asylum springs to mind.

supporters trusts maybe ?
  • Options
    Fuck me, I knew the EFL were a shower of unadulterated shite but they have really excelled this time. Nice one guys!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If they need a lawyer, I hear Chris Farnell’s available.
    Like I said I have no idea how true it is but the person who told me wouldn't lie (they may well have been lied to) and "know people" at a few clubs involved. 
  • Options
    What would those clubs gain by postponing Wednesday fixtures? Can't see the logic in that. Each of those teams should be trying to win their respective matches irrespective of off-field matters.