Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Cowley Sacked

Huddersfield have sacked manager Danny Cowley. Very harsh for me. Huddersfield fans not happy at all 

Comments

• Options
    Wow!!... Gonna struggle next season as well I bet
  • Options
    Wow,brutal.
  • Options
    Maybe he's taken them as far as he can?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Maybe he's taken them as far as he can?
    Wonder if its more likely that him and the owner dont see eye to eye over the future of the club

Wouldnt be surprised if Cowley has said that X amount of signings are required for the club this summer which the owner hasnt liked being told
  • Options
    Indeed on BBC website, statement from Hudders chairman "We have a different vision for the way we operate the club, and how our ambitions can be achieved."
  • Options
    Strange sacking 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Indeed on BBC website, statement from Hudders chairman "We have a different vision for the way we operate the club, and how our ambitions can be achieved."
    Cheers I hadnt seen that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he might be out of his depth personally (was).
  • Options
    I'd take him when Bowyer heads off in the summer.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    I assume that translates as Cowley wants money to spend and we're not giving to him?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    I assume that translates as Cowley wants money to spend and we're not giving to him?
    Would be surprised as surely he's used to being on a budget with Lincoln

Unless of course he recognises the fact that he'll need money to spend at this level to succeed and isnt bothered about getting out now with his reputation in tact
  • Options
    Bowyer to Birmingham and Cowley to us in the summer ...you heard it here first 
    Or Crowley to Birmingham 
  • Options
    A friend of a friend is a director of Huddersfield, or certainly was, he took great delight telling everyone that Wagner was his personal appointment. 

I was told they were appointed to keep them up with as little expenditure or take them straight back up next season, under the same restrictions. 

They were never going to get the gig long term in the championship. 

Harsh I would say.  But they have got loads of players on very good money so they shouldn't even be where they are. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Would be surprised as surely he's used to being on a budget with Lincoln

Unless of course he recognises the fact that he'll need money to spend at this level to succeed and isnt bothered about getting out now with his reputation in tact
    Yeah big difference to getting Lincoln out of non league and league 2, where they were one of the bigger clubs with good support, than competing at this level.

My guess is that Huddersfield have drastically cut their budget (like many clubs) post-Covid and Cowley demanded more money, and the board refused to agree.

He won't be short of offers though, that's for sure.
  • Options
    On topic of managers leaving. Reports coming out Watford are getting rid of Nigel Pearson before their final 2 games. Would mean they would be looking for a 4th manager in a season. Last 2 games are Man City and Arsenal 
  • Options
    strange as they barely stayed up two years ago on back of a good start, then they looked bloody awful and went down without a whimper last season and carried that on this season. You could see they were not one of the teams that was going to bounce back up. Not sure who they think would have got more out of them. 
  • Options
    Cowley to Bristol
  • Options
    On topic of managers leaving. Reports coming out Watford are getting rid of Nigel Pearson before their final 2 games. Would mean they would be looking for a 4th manager in a season. Last 2 games are Man City and Arsenal 
    That would be mad, Pearson has done a cracking job, they were rock bottom and dead and buried when he took over.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A friend of a friend is a director of Huddersfield, or certainly was, he took great delight telling everyone that Wagner was his personal appointment. 

I was told they were appointed to keep them up with as little expenditure or take them straight back up next season, under the same restrictions. 

They were never going to get the gig long term in the championship. 

Harsh I would say.  But they have got loads of players on very good money so they shouldn't even be where they are. 

You could be talking about Stoke City.

The Cowley Brothers did an Amazing job at Lincoln, like Nathan Jones did at Luton.

You go from working with footballers earning £800 to £1500 a week to Shawcross and Allen earning 50k at Stoke and Mounie and Durm  35k at Huddersfield.

The hang over in coming down from the premier affects players and fans.
    Always a tough gig for managers used to players with a mortgage on one house rather than players owning a portfolio of houses. 

Different psychology needed from working with national League players to ex premier players.
  • Options
    I'm not a big fan as find him a bit Pardewesque on the talking shit front. But he can hold his head up on a mission accomplished. As they're not inviting applicants it sounds like cost cutting.