Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ownership woes. Should we be doing more?

edited July 2020 in General Charlton
 With the internal affairs at CAFC being played out like an episode of Dynasty, our club appears to be on a perilous path.

Now I've read Dodger and a few others lambasting the Trust and the general fan base for not doing enough. Their argument appears to be that we threw the balls on the pitch and parked the coffin up for Duchatelet but nothing for these latest set of parasitic arseholes?

I happen to think,.and I'm sure most others do, that Duchatelet is still the driving force behind the continual chaos.
 Go after ESI? But how? They have no reputation to tarnish, their members even less so. They appear to be nobody's.

I get Dodger and the likes frustration.
 I was all for breaking into Duchatelets offices and taking a nail gun to his head back in the day.

Should we be doing more??

Comments

• how about a picket of the EFL?
  • cfgs said:
    Hard to disrupt games when we aren't allowed to attend. 
     I was thinking more outside that remit..
    Maybe Razils onto something?
  • edited July 2020
    I should add this a rhetorical question and not digging anyone out on any shape or form.
  • cfgs said:
    Hard to disrupt games when we aren't allowed to attend. 
     I was thinking more outside that remit..
    Maybe Razils onto something?
    I wasn't having a go at you just saying the initial protests against Roland were during games.
  • Difficult to arrange a large gathering with social distancing etc, plus there are still a lot of worried/concerned people out there re Covid-19.

• razil said:
    how about a picket of the EFL?
    Yes but, what would be the either desired or expected outcome?

How SMART would it be?

What would you hope to achieve other than publicity?  Could you not achieve it in a less physically time consuming way? 
  • Rylo said:
    Read the title as “Bedroom woes”. And yes, I should be doing more... 
    I genuinely clicked on here for the same ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rylo said:
    Me 2
  •  With the internal affairs at CAFC being played out like an episode of Dynasty, our club appears to be on a perilous path.

Now I've read Dodger and a few others lambasting the Trust and the general fan base for not doing enough. Their argument appears to be that we threw the balls on the pitch and parked the coffin up for Duchatelet but nothing for these latest set of parasitic arseholes?

I happen to think,.and I'm sure most others do, that Duchatelet is still the driving force behind the continual chaos.
     Go after ESI? But how? They have no reputation to tarnish, their members even less so. They appear to be nobody's.

I get Dodger and the likes frustration.
     I was all for breaking into Duchatelets offices and taking a nail gun to his head back in the day.

Should we be doing more??
    a) that’s retelling of history, the Trust didn’t organise projectiles or coffins 
    b) it’s pretty impossible to disrupt matches when you can’t get inside the stadium 

It’s easy for some people to throw stones and accuse other fans of not doing enough from behind their keyboard but at least get some basic facts that any Charlton fan of recent time’s would be able to get right. 
  • Yes we should always be doing more but legally what I don’t know ...

FairPlay to all those making it uncomfortable for whoever it is is pretending to own us at present but it will comeback to douchebag cos he has the asset that Is not a loss maker 
  • Rylo said:
    There's another thread on here called 'Big Flags'. I read it as 'Big Flaps'.
  • Well, for a start, anyone in the know or with info/documents (like Dodger or smiffyboy) should be sharing it and not playing silly buggers with the ....."I know this & you don't" bollox.

Then pressure needs to be put onto the EFL for them to tell us what's going on. Whether that is a delegation by CAST or just a protest at their offices. Fuck social distancing. I didn't see much of that in the BLM protests a month or so ago. 

Then more door stopping of Farnell and Elliott. But this time by someone who 1) doesn't shout & swear every other word.....and 2) someone who waits for answers before going onto the next question. 
  • Surely there are experts from Card and the cutely named affiliates that can deal with this?
    They triumphed by getting Roland to sell the club for a quid to chancers who are even more despicable than the spivs Roland rescued us from.
    Where are ya?
  • Dodger is brilliant anyone criticising him is a complete knob 
    know him and his old man, Charlton through and through. 

Efl are clueless
  • edited July 2020
    Yes.

We know there is a buyer waiting with PV and we would finally have an owner we could trust. We should be doing everything we can to force the current 'owners' out. It's the final push. 

Should make it absolutely clear to them that they'll never be welcome at our club
  • edited July 2020
    The (current owners) is of course a little unclear until the EFL make a statement about Charlton this coming week one would hope.When the league games have finished.

Only a few people would know who has been putting the money into the club over the last few months. We can have a good guess but thats all it is.

When that statement comes from the EFL i think most of us fans will want that person or persons out.

WHAT I AM CONCERNED WITH IS THAT COMMENT FROM EFL (DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK) or words to that affect at the begining of the year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    We could start a petition. 10,000 signatures gets a government response, 100,000 a debate in Parliament.
    I think we would need a wordsmith to draft it and make it a demand for something general like a reform of the way football is run by the EFL so we would get support from all football fans. God knows there are so many fans that have been punished by their inadequacies.
    It may help our cause, it may not. But at least we would be starting a process to save the future of all our clubs.

I think your suggestion of a parliamentary petition is an excellent idea, @Redrobo, and there is time to plan it carefully as it is a medium term strategy rather than a quick fix.  With the summer recess of Parliament almost upon us, nothing is likely to happen until the autumn - although it would be good if Pennycook/Efford could do something earlier through official channels, like raising the issue with the Minister for Sport?

Petitions remain open for the collection of signatures for 6 months.  Those which have an initial rapid growth rate are more likely to get publicity and hence more signatures.  I would therefore suggest aiming to open the petition a week or so before the season starts, just as fans of all clubs are starting to visit their forums more often and are more likely to read any post put there to draw their attention to its existence.

I agree with you that it does need to be about something general with relevance to all clubs, so tribalism does not hold back potential signatories, but at the same time I feel it needs to be specific about the areas of governance which need changing, strengthening, or external oversight.  May be some good ideas out there amongst Lifers?
  • Maybe do via the Trust who can give it the authority of a recognised institution and who could link it to all the other Trusts.
  • If it's getting to the point where we are looking at the possibility of being expelled from the Football League, surely there's something more we can do?

• N01R4M said:
    Redrobo said:
    We could start a petition. 10,000 signatures gets a government response, 100,000 a debate in Parliament.
    I think we would need a wordsmith to draft it and make it a demand for something general like a reform of the way football is run by the EFL so we would get support from all football fans. God knows there are so many fans that have been punished by their inadequacies.
    It may help our cause, it may not. But at least we would be starting a process to save the future of all our clubs.

I think your suggestion of a parliamentary petition is an excellent idea, @Redrobo, and there is time to plan it carefully as it is a medium term strategy rather than a quick fix.  With the summer recess of Parliament almost upon us, nothing is likely to happen until the autumn - although it would be good if Pennycook/Efford could do something earlier through official channels, like raising the issue with the Minister for Sport?

Petitions remain open for the collection of signatures for 6 months.  Those which have an initial rapid growth rate are more likely to get publicity and hence more signatures.  I would therefore suggest aiming to open the petition a week or so before the season starts, just as fans of all clubs are starting to visit their forums more often and are more likely to read any post put there to draw their attention to its existence.

I agree with you that it does need to be about something general with relevance to all clubs, so tribalism does not hold back potential signatories, but at the same time I feel it needs to be specific about the areas of governance which need changing, strengthening, or external oversight.  May be some good ideas out there amongst Lifers?
    I think the time is now. TV, radio and press are being quite scathing at the way the EFL are handling things as the season draws to an end, so all fans will be aware of the shambles it is. 
  • Stig said:
    Rylo said:
    There's another thread on here called 'Big Flags'. I read it as 'Big Flaps'.
    I thought the “2019/20 supporter of the year Rick Everett“ thread was titled “stripper of the year” at first glance. 
  • If it's getting to the point where we are looking at the possibility of being expelled from the Football League, surely there's something more we can do?

I have already started, I applied for a Millwall season ticket today.  
  • Redrobo said:
    N01R4M said:
    Redrobo said:

I think the time is now. TV, radio and press are being quite scathing at the way the EFL are handling things as the season draws to an end, so all fans will be aware of the shambles it is. 
    Someone suggested sending the bullet point facts to someone like Simon Jordan who has the footballing moral compass, air time to publicise it, and maverick attitude to rock the boat. Maybe we need to target a bunch of influencers in this way to get things going?

We need Farnell and co to realise they can't get away with burying us without at least wide public condemnation.
  • The petition idea is great IMO perhaps a decent wordsmith can draft something up. I'm sure there are enough disgruntled fans at the moment to hit the magic number to force a parliamentary debate. We would only need to draft it, post it on the parliamentary website, then publicize it on other teams forums that imo would generate the numbers