Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wigan | Sat 18 July, 2020 | Match thread

Comments

• Options
    COYR’s!!!!!
  • Options
    Stream??
  • Options
    Big call to start Davison
  • Options
    Davison gets a start, a clutch at straws or tactical shrewdness? 
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    No Williams and risking playing Davidson instead of Chuks, Don’t get it 
  • Options
    Where is the creativity gonna come from?
  • Options
    Interesting changes. I’m actually glad he’s put Davison in; Hemed showed some class at the start but looks like he doesn’t want to shoot and Aneke can run but he hasn’t looked like putting the ball in the net for us either. Hopefully Davison will mesh well with Bonne and help us create more further up the pitch. Would have liked to see Williams over JFC but I reckon Bowyer is looking to start well and keep it tight and then bring Williams and Aneke on later to try and snatch something. I suppose in a sense that’s a way of avoiding needing to hold out to the end by aiming to start tight and finish strong. I guess we’ll see
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that looks like an away team settling for a point. 
  • Options
    Try and hang on till injury time and bring on the attacking players at 0-0
    or bring them on when 0-2 down
    or go 1-0 up and with 15 to go bring on the attacking players and say I’m going for it at 1-0 up rather than hang on and lose the game 1-2
  • Options

Wigan line up how I'd like to have seen us.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Wigan line up how I'd like to have seen us.
    What? With their eleven instead of our eleven?
  • Options
    I just don't get it why Sam Fields continues to get in the team ahead of Williams and Morgan, who offer a lot more in a must win game. God I miss Aribo.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Desperation picking Davison with no minutes behind him. I’d have had him in the side ages ago but to suddenly put him in just shows how desperate we are. If we win this it will be a miracle. But it’s 90 mins and as we know anything can happen.  Fearful but living in hope. Hitting the beers already. Gotta be done. COYR. 
  • Options
    As long as we’re not 0-7 down by half time, I’ll be happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In Lord Bowyer we trust.

It's not the team I was expecting to see start but I'm prepared to wait until we've played 10-15 minutes before passing judgement.

Come on you rip-roaring, goal-scoring (well, one will do if you can keep a clean sheet) Addicks!
  • Options
    Fuck it ... let's go positive... SISS
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We either do the business today against a team that don't concede goals and emulated the Rugby team by scoring 8 before coming over all things cricket and declaring against their Rugby League rivals Hull.

Otherwise we need the Leeds team to realize their already promoted and go on the piss after beating Derby tomorrow.

Good luck to the 16 men of Charlton:
    You are going to need it.
  • Options
    Their midfield looks a lot dynamic than ours , I think we could get done for pace a pulled all the park, I get the impression we might end playing a bit more direct today.
  • Options
    I just don't get it why Sam Fields continues to get in the team ahead of Williams and Morgan, who offer a lot more in a must win game. God I miss Aribo.
    Always fun when someone straight-up admits they don't understand football 
  • Options
    Bonne and Davison is fine by me.

Looking at the bench he is using his meagre resources to go for the win.

Well done Bow.

COYR
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Talal said:
    Well that looks like an away team settling for a point. 
    It's a team that's designed to be strong in midfield, able to pass, give little away and strong energy.
    Well, that's my theory anyway.

But remember, it's only the starting line up.

You'll see Chuks and Williams for the last 30 to hold the ball up.
    Green if Alfie is flagging (remember he got an ankle knock last game) - and perhaps Hemed too, to finally score a goal in Charlton colours.

All depends if we're protecting a lead or chasing the game (shudder).

• Options
    Macronate said:
    As long as we’re not 0-7 down by half time, I’ll be happy.
    That's the spirit!
  • Options
    Anyone know of an audio commentary? Radio Manchester has it but not for online
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!