Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Could there be no relegation?

The EFL stated a few months ago if L2 teams that got relegated had no division to drop down into they would be spared relegation. So if the conference doesn’t start Stevenage would stay up. My question is if league one doesn’t restart surely they can’t relegate championship clubs. I can’t see many L1 or L2 teams being ready or able to play much before Christmas.

Comments

• Yeah, not sure how that one would work. As far as I can remember and someone correct me if I'm wrong, the EFL have a responsibility to ensure their member clubs have a competition to play football in. How that works if those same clubs then vote not to play football I'm not sure, but I would guess the relegations stand and then they take a vote
  • No, it would mean that the relegated clubs are part of League One and so they would not play

Coventry, Rotherham and Wycombe would play as they will be in The Championship.
  • Yeah if we go down I wouldnt be surprised if we didnt restart when the Premier League / Championship do
  • Maybe they would let league 1 and below  start and finish later. Realistically none of these player will be compete in the Euros so surely must be able to extend season 2/3 weeks to fit matches in. 
  • Maybe they would let league 1 and below  start and finish later. Realistically none of these player will be compete in the Euros so surely must be able to extend season 2/3 weeks to fit matches in. 
    Or they could just do what they did this season and just do it in reverse, i.e. use PPG to decide the first 9-10 games and then play the rest?

Wonder what the Peterborough owner would think of that idea... :) - Might ask him
    If they did that then they'd have to hold the play off finals at somewhere other than Wembley, as the Euro's start 2nd week of June and England will surely have a couple of friendlies there before.
  • No hell below us
    Above us, only Skybet Championship
  • Whatever the rules if Charlton can get relegated, they will.
    Fundamental law of science and all that.
  • The EFL stated a few months ago if L2 teams that got relegated had no division to drop down into they would be spared relegation. So if the conference doesn’t start Stevenage would stay up. My question is if league one doesn’t restart surely they can’t relegate championship clubs. I can’t see many L1 or L2 teams being ready or able to play much before Christmas.

• Of course there will be relegation. If League One doesn't start then the relegated teams won't be playing, just like all the other teams already down there.

This thread smacks of desperation.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2020
    According to our Beloved Bleader, King of the World, Bozo it will be over by Christmas. 

Now where have we heard that before....?

Ah yes, August 4th.......1914.
    Oh really, is that a fact, when did he ever say that FFS!!