Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boris Johnson announces football fans should be allowed back into stadiums by October

Comments

• Seems a bit early to tell when fans will be allowed back in, especially as they are anticipating another wave around that time.
  • I can only assume it will be at 30-50% capacity.

Covered End J Block won't be the same for me.

• I can only assume it will be at 30-50% capacity.

Covered End J Block won't be the same for me.

Also been talking about no away fans - so 30-50% would be spread throughout the stadium.
  • You can just imagine the fixture list for next season: one of the first games after fans allowed back into grounds will be a trip to the Rusty Toolbox.

At the final whistle the local constabulary will announce that there's been a localised COVID outbreak in the away end and keep all the Charlton fans in lockdown for seven days, a new record for being trapped in that hell-hole.
    Very optimistic that we won't be two leagues below Millwall next season
  • Must be alright if Boris  says it is then.
  • If it is 50% of capacity, I wonder how they will work that out in terms of which season ticket holders can go to which games, and if you've paid for an expensive ticket but get moved to a cheaper area of the ground to enforce social distancing?
  • Sponsored links:

• well straight off you can take away 3000 for the away end, a test was carried out at the emirates bearing in mind its 65k capacity, with 1m distancing in place 17,386 spectators would be permitted. 
  • England have three home matches in October.

Wales (friendly) Belgium and Denmark in nations league. Can imagine FA will push hard to try and get these with crowds if government policy hasn’t changed.
  • Ross said:
    If it is 50% of capacity, I wonder how they will work that out in terms of which season ticket holders can go to which games, and if you've paid for an expensive ticket but get moved to a cheaper area of the ground to enforce social distancing?
    Read somewhere that parents and children will get first priority at bigger club as easier to manage than 50% of stadium of geezer in stone island. 
  • Ross said:
    If it is 50% of capacity, I wonder how they will work that out in terms of which season ticket holders can go to which games, and if you've paid for an expensive ticket but get moved to a cheaper area of the ground to enforce social distancing?
    Well thats a problem we won't have to worry about ! 
  • edited July 2020
    Face masks at the ready, probably not allowed to sing, not that we do anyway 😉 
  • edited July 2020
    MrWalker said:
    christmas.Leroy Ambrose said:
    He said everything will be back to normal by Christmas. Just in time for the second wave then. Bloke's a muppet
    He clearly stated it was a plan to be back to normal by Christmas.
    Why twist the words?
    Note - not a 'plan for returning to normal by Christmas'. 'A plan  for normality by Christmas' . As in, returned to normal, not planning for it

• edited July 2020
    Yes, as he says, a plan for normality.
    Which bit of the word plan are you struggling with?
    It's even in the title of your reference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice to have a normal Xmas to look forward to, before lockdown jan-march.. will make sure I ask for a ps5 this year and not holiday vouchers 
  • shine166 said:
    Nice to have a normal Xmas to look forward to, before lockdown jan-march.. will make sure I ask for a ps5 this year and not holiday vouchers 
    PS5 over the new Xbox.... controversial!

Bit like the Waggy v Green argument!
  • I'm making a wild prediction that the club will email all current season ticket holders now to advise that if  they want to secure their place in  limited attendance matches come the restart, they need to renew ASAP....

If I remember correctly, the Early Bird prices end next week ? 
  • edited July 2020
    I'm making a wild prediction that the club will email all current season ticket holders now to advise that if  they want to secure their place in  limited attendance matches come the restart, they need to renew ASAP....

If I remember correctly, the Early Bird prices end next week ? 
    31st that deal finishes, so we could find ourselves relegated next week and prices going up the week after lol. A half season ticket seems a good option atm, at this rate youl get use out of it until March!
  • Oh well if BlowJob says it is OK I have no worries at all.
  • Not exactly going to rush and buy a St on that man's view... 
  • This will have dire consequences, as seen in the USA already, A problem for sport will also be the local lock downs when viral out breaks occur in a town or city, How do you get the season done when games will be postponed at the last moment and players of a team in such a place will not be allowed to travel.