Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Charlton RIP

World Cup winner and manager of the Republic of Ireland.

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Colin.
  • Options
    Sad news. R.I.P. Jack, 1966 hero.
  • Options
    Lovely man. Met him once and he was really interested in hearing other people.
    So long Jack and thank you.

• Options
    RIP a true legend 
  • Options
    I have always believed that J C was the last and one of the most important jigsaw pieces in the making of Ramsey's World Cup winning team .. he was a totally determined granite hard defender who allowed Moore some discretion at the back .. J C held the defence together and terrified all but the bravest attackers, I'll go so far as to say that without him we would not have won the cup. 
    I remember him at the Valley (mid 1960s) in Leeds's promotion year a hard man in a very hard team: Hunter, Bremner, Giles, Reaney, Collins, Cooper; J C was the hardest of them all but in an understated way .. I recall him grabbing goalkeeper Sprake by the collar after one mistake .. Leeds beat a very good Addicks team that day in a season where we finished just short of promotion (no play offs in those days) .. memories memories lol 

J C has suffered from dementia for a while but I could never imagine him  dying, he seemed so indestructible .. I know it comes to us all, but this is a sad day

R I P
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!