Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Charlton | Post-match Thread 7.7.2020

edited July 2020 in General Charlton
To lead for 75+ mins then concede two is gutting in the least. 

We deserved something for our first half display, but once Field and Williams went off, the ball didn't stick in midfield and we stopped our forward intent. From then on, we didn't look worthy. 

Not liking their smug Danish manager either. He looks like a prick.

Commiserations and salutations. Over to you.

Finished 2-1. 

Comments

• Options
    Pretty limited performance! Never going to win, don’t have the quality 
  • Options
    Was it a pen?  :#
  • Options
    just cos you got 5 subs doesn't mean you need to use them. such a shame as we did well before that all happened. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Bowyer too negative and the ref gifted a penalty where Cullen got to the ball before Benrahma made the most of the contact after the clearance.

No big loss, but a bit disappointing.

Near perfect results around us 
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Was it a pen?  :#
    Without doubt
  • Options
    Categorically CANNOT lose the next 3!

too complacent is going defensive that undoes 2 thirds of the games hard work! 

Back to looking over our shoulders now, which is something we shouldn’t have to be doing! 

Shame, I fear for us now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t think we did a lot wrong. I thought we deserved a point (just) and may have sneaked all three but for that dodgy penalty. Keep going like we did tonight and we will stay up.
  • Options
    Awful subs from Bowyer, shit ref nothing more to say.
  • Options
    Pathetic second half performance and it’s all down to bowyer . Too negative . 35 minutes to go and he takes our main attacking outlet off then goes even more negative minutes later. Got what we deserved 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Penalty killed us. Cullen may have got something on the ball but was clumsy and we can't complain. Barnsley Luton went our way. Need 4 points I think so getting 3 of them v Reading would be very welcome. 
  • Options
    I’m more pissed about the second goal than the first. We could and should have done better to defend that cross.
  • Options
    Brentford are probably the best footballing side in the division and in my opinion we've thrown away a win with poor substitutions.

Luton and Barnsley drawing is a huge result for us. Assuming that Wigan get their 12 point deduction, i think if we win on Saturday now we'll be safe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We play that first-half side against Millwall, we probably beat the fuckers
  • Options
    I think that was the toughest team we've played this season. we're finding an identity as a counter attacking side.
  • Options
    So frustrating. Parking the bus bit us in a bad spot today. I think we deserved something from that game but it's easy to see why Brentford are where they are in the table. I don't usually moan about the ref but he was awful. That Turkish bloke should have been sent off after interfering with our goal kick at the end, everything in the second half seemed to go the way of Brentford. 

In the end, they were miles better than us, but when you defend with your backs to the wall for an entire half, you get tired and switch off, IE the 2nd goal 
  • Options
    Watched last 20 so my fault we lost. Ref was awful from what I saw. When the guy raised a foot on Dillon at the end and he didn’t do a fcuking thing
  • Options
    Taking off Williams and bringing on Lapsie is such a difference in quality. It shows our lack of depth. 
  • Options
    I thought it was a definite pen . If we didn’t get that, we’d all be fuming 
  • Options
    We've got our Charlton back!
  • Options
    Pressure told in the end as we ran out of steam, maybe Purrington should have come on instead of Oshi?
  • Options
    Got to hope Millwank stuff Boro tomorrow and Bristol do likewise against Hull.