Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Championship Leaders (In yellow cards)

Charlton are the runaway leaders of the yellow card league table but one of only two teams (with Luton) with no red cards and only being 9th in the fouls table. Does this mean that Pratley and co are judging things to perfection? Will our red card luck run out in the run in? We can't have gone through many seasons without a sending off. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/7840/Stages/17629/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2019-2020

Comments

• Options
    What I will say in Pratley's defence is that he is not a dirty player - he gets plenty of yellows but doesn't seem like a malicious sort. The same goes for most of our squad tbh. Pearce too seems like a really great person and not the sort to go in swinging his elbows or getting into angry confrontations. Bowyer seems to like these hard-but-fair types, which is good. Now if they could pass the ball as well... ;)
  • Options
    Well now you've mentioned no red cards, I'm dreading tomorrow!
  • Options
    That's a good point Leith. I think hard but fair goes with many of our players.
  • Options
    Lockyer too - hard, but definitely not unpleasant. Cullen too. It goes down the spine of the side. 

Our nastiest player has already upped sticks and fucked off tbh
  • Options
    With Pratley and Lockyer, it is not always a yellow card for a foul
  • Options
    Lowest shots per game which doesn't surprise me. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Lockyer too - hard, but definitely not unpleasant. Cullen too. It goes down the spine of the side. 

Bit harsh on Solly 
    Wasn't Solly our most recent red card?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    With Pratley and Lockyer, it is not always a yellow card for a foul
    Yes, those two have a number of bookings for dissent.

It's notable that we have the fewest shots per game of any side in the division, but have a fairly good conversion rate with the shots we do have, or rather we did have before a certain striker left
  • Options
    Well at least we’re good at something!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Bit harsh on Solly 
    Wasn't Solly our most recent red card?
    Indeed. 
    But we are talking about this season. 
  • Options
    Lockyer is constantly buttering up the ref, pre kick off, during half time, and most importantly during the game.

Love watching him do this, its an art that myself as a player didnt realise works until much later in my playing days. 

Like a twat I seemed to make enemies with ref even before kick off sometimes and people that know me  will will verify i was constantly in the refs ear all game which usualy cost me a tenner extra every week for a booking and quite a few sendings off (even in charity games)

It wasnt until I reffed a few games as a favour when i realised i was a helmet and changed my approach, totally killed my game and was shit as soon as i changed mentality but enjoyed the game more. 

Live and learn i spose. 
  • Options
    Anyone remember when we used to win the 'Fair Play' awards?
  • Options
    Also 0 own goals for the season (watch that change tonight now).......
  • Options
    And another stat from the same page:

42% attacks on left side (highest in the league)

35% attached on right side (joint second lowest in the league) 

Any ideas why that would be? 

• Options
    Spoke too soon.  Pearce OG for the 2nd tonight. 
  • Options
    Ok, we haven't won 3 consecutive games 5-0 yet

Let's see if that does the trick
  • Options
    Spoke too soon.  Pearce OG for the 2nd tonight. 
    So its your fault
  • Options