Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I hope he gets better, I love Kasabian and the energy he has just about himself all the time let alone when performing must be exhausting 

• Options
    Hopefully, it will be a temporary thing while he sorts himself out. 
  • Options
    It's weird, because only a few weeks ago, he was talking about all the songs he'd written and looking forward to performing again.
  • Options
    A band like Kasabian just won't be the same without it's frontman. Hope he recovers and is back on stage/in the studio soon. Have seen them a couple of times, albeit years ago, and they were blinding. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    It won't be great if Serge decides to be the front man.
    He takes over for a couple of songs normally and personally I'm not a fan.
    Come to think of it, I always thought that a bit strange as well.
    I put it down to Serge's ego wanting to be centre stage for a couple of songs (also giving Tom a breather). 
  • Options
    It won't be great if Serge decides to be the front man.
    He takes over for a couple of songs normally and personally I'm not a fan.
    Come to think of it, I always thought that a bit strange as well.
    I put it down to Serge's ego ad wanting to be centre stage for a couple of songs (also giving Tom a breather). 
     I'd say Meighan is pretty much irreplaceable. I
    couldn't listen to serge for more than one maybe two songs
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Did you know .. Kasabian named themselves after Linda Kasabian, one of the Manson family murderers ? .. lots of bands have thrived with a new singer, it depends on who gets the gig
  • Options
    Sir_Clive said:
    Also a very, very strangely worded statement, almost as if the band's 'management' are distancing themselves from something else that is about to break, and if not and it is purely a mental health-related matter, then the statement in the circumstances is equally as clumsy. 
    Looks like you’re right. News has come out suggesting that he is facing an assault charge. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Yep, pleaded guilty to assault just now 

• Options
    Tramp
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    If 2004 Noel thinks you're a nutter, then you really must be. 
    I was literally thinking that. If one of the Gallaghers tells you to calm the fuck down then you’ve got a serious problem. 
    Espically Frank! 
    They’ll be alright if they knowww how to hava paaaarr’y!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Regardless of his 'issues', doesn't paint a pretty picture of him at all. Not quite sure why/how he has avoided jail...!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/07/former-kasabian-frontman-tom-meighan-admits-assaulting-ex-fiancee?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
  • Options
    Fuck Tom Meighan and fuck Kasabian. 

I'm sure a lot of people have turned a blind eye on him for years until he finally got caught out. 
  • Options
    Pretty clear from the article that it wasn't the first time it had happened either. And even this time he initially denied it until the police thankfully found CCTV footage.

Very fucking lucky he's not been sent to prison for that.
  • Options
    That's pretty unpleasant reading. I'm also really surprised at him doing that, nothing in his character from what I've seen or heard would lead me to think he would behave like that. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I read that she was "shoved her into a hamster cage" and wondered how she fitted.

Then I felt stupid.

Seems a soft sentence based on reading that article, he hit her, pushed her, dragged her around by the ankles and a scared child called 999, then denied it and only plead guilty with the video evidence presented?

Sends out a very poor message about domestic violence and the consequences in my opinion.
  • Options

I'm sure a lot of people have turned a blind eye on him for years until he finally got caught out. 

Or maybe people just enjoyed their music and didn't judge any of the band on what they didn't know? Fuck Meighan now though, agree on that

• Options

Or maybe people just enjoyed their music and didn't judge any of the band on what they didn't know? Fuck Meighan now though, agree on that

Talking more management/rest of the band rather than the public that wouldn't know about his personal life. 

If they think they can keep a wife beater around until he gets caught out, then try to pretend they knew nothing, they've got another thing coming. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    That's pretty unpleasant reading. I'm also really surprised at him doing that, nothing in his character from what I've seen or heard would lead me to think he would behave like that. 

I know it's easy to say now but the fella always looked like an extremely well coiled spring whenever I saw him interviewed. Looked like he was going to pop at any minute.
    I guess lockdown took its toll. No excuse for behaviour like that though.
    Sad
  • Options
    Well he doesn't sound very nice at all.  And he sent a tweet yesterday saying he was in a really good place. Is his fiance?  Hope she's an ex fiance.   

• Options

Talking more management/rest of the band rather than the public that wouldn't know about his personal life. 

If they think they can keep a wife beater around until he gets caught out, then try to pretend they knew nothing, they've got another thing coming. 
    That's a massive leap to get to that conclusion. Are you telling me there's no one in your life that came out with something that took you completely by surprise? 

Until we know for a fact that other people knew it was going on I don't think you can throw round accusations like that.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I know it's easy to say now but the fella always looked like an extremely well coiled spring whenever I saw him interviewed. Looked like he was going to pop at any minute.
    I guess lockdown took its toll. No excuse for behaviour like that though.
    Sad
    Yeah totally agree, like I said he's absolutely bursting with energy all the time which must be exhausting. Like caring for a puppy 24/7 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

That's a massive leap to get to that conclusion. Are you telling me there's no one in your life that came out with something that took you completely by surprise? 

Until we know for a fact that other people knew it was going on I don't think you can throw round accusations like that.
    1. Waited until the day before his charge to dump him. 
    2. He initially denied it and only admitted guilt when the police had him by the CCTV. 
    3. ""The police have been called before and there is evidence of previous abusive behaviour."
    4. "Following today's announcement I just wanted to let you all know that I am doing well. I'm in a really good place now."

Seems like it's really out of character for him. 

• Options
    edited July 2020
    colthe3rd said:

1. Waited until the day before his charge to dump him. 
    2. He initially denied it and only admitted guilt when the police had him by the CCTV. 
    3. ""The police have been called before and there is evidence of previous abusive behaviour."
    4. "Following today's announcement I just wanted to let you all know that I am doing well. I'm in a really good place now."

Seems like it's really out of character for him. 

Easy for you to point all of that out from the outside and slag off the band, but I’m sure it’s a lot more complex than what you’re suggesting as far as how his band members are concerned.

As they’ve alluded to, they couldn’t say much because of the legal proceedings and have subsequently gone on to call out that what he has done is vile and they want nothing to do with him. So with your “fuck Kasabian” remark, I think its a bit unfair to be tarring them all with the same brush.