Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albie Morgan and Josh Davison - New contracts

13»

Comments

• Options
    Irrespective of the reasons, Bowyer failed to harness Fosu's obvious talent.
    When we signed Fosu I suspect i wasn’t the only charlton fan that was asking how the fck did we manage to sign him. I suspect Oxford fans felt the same. Sometimes there are players that are great at first but there is something that means it’s not sustainable. Maybe it will be at Oxford. I guess we will see next season.
    Well it won't be at Oxford as Brentford signed him in January  :D
  • Options
    Great news.......more so for Morgan. Davison is needed now but I don't see him playing much if we stay in the Championship. Hopefully get a development fee if he goes in the future.
    I think Davison could prove to be an excellent signing. One for the future just now maybe but I can see him being in the frame next season. He impressed me this season considering he leapt straight into Championship football from the Conference or Conference South wherever Boreham Wood play at the moment.

As has Macca come to that. two young hungry strikers competing next season can't be bad.
  • Options
    Happy for both and good news from the club is certainly welcome.  Where is the money coming from... Nimer is my bet but RD an outside possibility.
  • Options
    is shame that Josh’s shirt shrunk so much as he had to wash it himself over lockdown.

Very happy to see them on decent length deals, the sort of business we have been missing out on recently with ‘those you’d say in relationship terms (not goalies) as. keepers’
  • Options
    Wow! Fantastic news. So happy to hear this
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Great news.......more so for Morgan. Davison is needed now but I don't see him playing much if we stay in the Championship. Hopefully get a development fee if he goes in the future.
    I think Davison could prove to be an excellent signing. One for the future just now maybe but I can see him being in the frame next season. He impressed me this season considering he leapt straight into Championship football from the Conference or Conference South wherever Boreham Wood play at the moment.

As has Macca come to that. two young hungry strikers competing next season can't be bad.
    If we are relegated he will get regular action, he certainly didn't look out of place against WBA
  • Options
    When we signed Fosu I suspect i wasn’t the only charlton fan that was asking how the fck did we manage to sign him. I suspect Oxford fans felt the same. Sometimes there are players that are great at first but there is something that means it’s not sustainable. Maybe it will be at Oxford. I guess we will see next season.
    Well it won't be at Oxford as Brentford signed him in January  :D
    That’ll teach me to post something during an ad break on tv and then not reading it again until a couple of hours later 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Really don’t know where the stories came from about Bow not liking or rating Albie. It was completely untrue and ridiculous. Bow rated him so highly, which is why he has been so direct in the past about needing to go out and learn the other side of the game, just like Bow did when he was younger. Albie has gone away, got extremely fit and lean, and come back so willing to learn and develop by the looks of things. That says a lot to Bow and am not surprised to see him sign a new contract.

Very good news on both Morgan and Davison. Excellent for the future. Personally don’t care where the money comes from, as long as they get paid, it’s good with me.
    Bowyer had the arsehole with Morgan for coming back a bit tubby from injury a couple or 3 years back and disappointed in him 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

We got him from Enfield in the Isthmian League Premier Division.
  • Options
    I loved those games at the end of last season when Albie was playing with Aribo, Bielik and Cullen.  I personally thought he was unlucky to be left out- he played pretty well in some of those games mid season when we had bucketloads of injuries. 

On a bloody awful away day out to Middlesbrough, he was the best player on the pitch in the second half, playing in front of the back 4.  Potentially a very good championship player; maybe more ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Albie will play in the Prem without a doubt.
  • Options
    Good luck to both lads, bright futures the pair of them.
  • Options
    Albie will play in the Prem without a doubt.
    Hopefully with us in a couple of seasons time.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I wouldn't want to see Davison leave without at least a loan move first. We already have to replace Lyle next season and I don't see Hemed staying. 
  • Options
    You can take a horse to water etc.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Like Morgan he had talent. Unfortunately he could not develop further and I would suggest that given Bows success with so many players that the fault lay with the player. 

The failure to me is Fosu not Bows.
    It might not be that straight forward. All managers, however good or experienced, will have a player they fall out with for one reason or another, or one that doesn't fit in with their system

It's not as if Fosu took several years to get back to our level, within SIX months of leaving us he signed for a top 6 Championship side. Brentford wouldn't have signed him if they thought he was lazy or not a team player.
    I don't think Fosu was really lazy so much as he's not an adaptable player. He's a fast, tricky and direct winger who likes to beat a man, cut in and shoot. He's hugely inconsistent, as we saw from him during Robinson's reign, but he's very capable of winning a game when he plays well. The problem is, that's really all he does. That's great if you play with wingers, but we didn't, so Fosu had to either become a striker or a midfield 10. The 10 in our diamond has to be a midfielder who can track and harry as well as create which Fosu isn't good at, and the striker has to chase, run channels, provide an outlet and be unselfish off the ball. You could tell that Fosu just didn't really know what he was doing when he played in that role, unlike Leko and Green who picked up the basics quickly and in Leko's case improved over time. I never got the feeling that Fosu didn't care, I just think he's developed his one way of playing, he's very good at it and will get better at that, but you need to have a Fosu-shaped space in your team or you won't get much out of him
  • Options
    It shows how much Bowyer rates Morgan. The harsh words are designed to challenge the player because he knows how good a player he can become.  
  • Options
    2 potential big talents (if they work hard and keep off the silly stuff) .. great news
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    LenGlover said:

We got him from Enfield in the Isthmian League Premier Division.
    That makes his progress even more commendable. No idea where I got Boreham Wood from!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chuffed with these.  Albie has come back with a renewed vigour about him.  He's undoubtedly talented on the ball but now his fitness is improved he's like a different player.  I'd like to think he will work on his tackling and who better to learn from thatn Cullen

Davison is a very interesting proposition.  He's a big strong lad and has decent technique.  His attitude is excellent and he doesn't give up.  Those are all good attributes to have but I am hopeful he will learn from someone like Hemed about nuisance-value to the defenders.  Nowse I suppose.

Both good signings and as long as Dillon and Doughty follow suit we have a good, local nucleus there.  Give DilPhil a new contract and sign Cullen and then a smattering of wise heads and we'll be going in the right direction.
  • Options
    thought bowyers words on albie were a little disrespectful weve been glad of him now we have a bit of wedge dont be that manager
  • Options
    Yes, yet another flair player that our messiah cant get the best out of.