Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last 8 Games

Comments

• Options
    QPR have lost a few (we're playing them Saturday).
    Grant Hall (captain) and Marc Pugh after checking
  • Options
    Except Birmingham, everyone Stoke are playing have something to play for relegation/promotion wise
  • Options
    The good thing about our run in is that in the final 4 games Reading and Birmingham will definitely be playing for nothing. It'll be very hard to get motivated for a game with no fans when there's nothing to play for compared to how motivated we should be if we're in the thick of it.

Think there's a decent chance we'll be back in the bottom 3 after Brentford away as it's a tough run until then but the three after that are very winnable.
  • Options
    QPR have lost a few (we're playing them Saturday).
    Grant Hall (captain) and Marc Pugh after checking
    Weren't we signing Grant Hall (London club captain) on the super duper deal phone in January? 
  • Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:
    The good thing about our run in is that in the final 4 games Reading and Birmingham will definitely be playing for nothing. It'll be very hard to get motivated for a game with no fans when there's nothing to play for compared to how motivated we should be if we're in the thick of it.

Think there's a decent chance we'll be back in the bottom 3 after Brentford away as it's a tough run until then but the three after that are very winnable.
    I would be shocked if both us and Wigan have something to play for when we meet. 
  • Options

Got us to beat QPR, Reading, and Wigan. Drawing to Millwall and Birmingham. Losing to Cardiff, Brentford, and Leeds.

Maybe optimistic, but the three wins I’ve mentioned are very winnable. Feel free to swap any of the losses to a draw in place of Millwall. 
  • Options
    I think the one thing all the games played without fans so far around the world have shown is we can ignore any sort of home advantage. I'm more confident we'll stay up after Saturday but I still fear the lack of goals could bite us big time. 
  • Options
    Sage said:

Got us to beat QPR, Reading, and Wigan. Drawing to Millwall and Birmingham. Losing to Cardiff, Brentford, and Leeds.

Maybe optimistic, but the three wins I’ve mentioned are very winnable. Feel free to swap any of the losses to a draw in place of Millwall. 
    I had us in 18th as well, but with 52 points. Only difference to your predictions was that we lost to Millwall. I mean.......its a cert.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I see QPR as another big game. Yes, they are all potentially big games, but, like the Hull fixture, the difference between winning and losing is significant. A win means we can ride a couple of losses. If we lose, you start struggle to see where the next win is coming from. Big game.
  • Options
    I think we will lose all 4 away matches. We need imo 6/7 points from the 4 home games. Qpr is the key game for me. Win that and rest players at Cardiff and Brentford. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you are in a relegation battle, the NEXT game is vitally important. And you should take each game as it comes. Hull is behind us. It seems to be a good time to play QPR and on paper it is very winnable, although I'm sure it will be a hard game. It is always the case. When you look at the number of teams around us, that is a positive, and some will do better than others. Another three points will be big.
  • Options
    I think we will lose all 4 away matches. We need imo 6/7 points from the 4 home games. Qpr is the key game for me. Win that and rest players at Cardiff and Brentford. 
    With 5 subs available, players having a long time off, and with Bowyer not the sort of manager to roll over and give away the points I can't see us resting players unless they really need it. 

I think at this stage of the season we need to play for every point we can get. 
  • Options
    My son reckons 8 more points will be enough, I’m not sure, just got to get some momentum going and forget what’s gone before, and treat it like a fresh start.
  • Options
    The truth is we may well win or draw games we expect to lose and vice versa.
    If I could successfully predict the outcome of football games I'd be a millionaire.
    We'll just have to see, which is one of the beauties of sport, the unpredictability.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    One thing I've not seen factored in is the weather. Recently its been warm but breezy but by the weekend its supposed to be hotting up. Playing in 80° heat wont be fun & will definitely be sapping. They always say that foreign players wont be any good "on a freezing Mancunian evening...." but now its the opposite.
  • Options
    One thing I've not seen factored in is the weather. Recently its been warm but breezy but by the weekend its supposed to be hotting up. Playing in 80° heat wont be fun & will definitely be sapping. They always say that foreign players wont be any good "on a freezing Mancunian evening...." but now its the opposite.
    I've been out running longer distances than these players over the last few weeks

Your right, the heat really does sap your strength and thats before humidity comes into play... Whilst the drinks breaks are annoying as a delay they are sensible

Dont envy them as compared with me, they dont get a choice when they go out and exercise
  • Options
    Think QPR are the perfect team to play next. Can’t go up, can’t go down, don’t want to get a long term injury. Think we will pull of 2 wins out of 2. 

Also QPR are a London team we have a better head to head against. 
  • Options
    Had a quick go and surprisingly had Luton surviving above Barnsley. There are so many 6 pointers which will decide things though

• Options
    I think you can basically add 3 points to the tally of anyone playing Hull. Warnock in at Boro will lead to re-evaluations of how they are going to perform in these
  • Options
    i dont think there are any easy run ins, everyone can beat everyone in this league, its going to be one game at a time looking at other results and hope we get something. There is a long way to go, sit tight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On paper, Boro seem to have the easiest fixtures, finishing the season with a run of games against mid-table sides presumably with little to play for.

Add to that, Colin W*nk*r as manager to organise and motivate them, then they'll need shootin' if they get themselves relegated.

Boro played an unexpected card this morning - who saw that coming?

• Options
    I have us nicking 2 more wins, a couple of draws and and barely surviving.
  • Options
    I have no crystal ball.

First let's see how we get on against QPR on Saturday.

If we get the 3 points, the other relegation rivals will at least all have to match that. And not all of them will.

#onegameatatime

• Options
    Got to hope Luton and Barnsley both lose their next two and it knocks the stuffing out of them before some easier games... And Hull just lose them all.  Huddersfield and us with the toughest run ins I think.
    Hull:
    Birmingham (A) L
    Middlesbrough (H) L
    West Brom (A) L
    Bristol (A) D?
    Millwall (H) W
    Wigan (A) L
    Luton (H) W
    Cardiff (A) L

That'll have em on 48 pts.

Charlton:
    QPR (H) L
    Cardiff (A) D
    Millwall (H) L
    Brentford (A) L
    Reading (H) W
    Birmingham (A) D
    Wigan (H) W
    Leeds (A) L

50 points and safety *JUST* secured. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I have no crystal ball.

First let's see how we get on against QPR on Saturday.

If we get the 3 points, the other relegation rivals will at least all have to match that. And not all of them will.

#onegameatatime

That's a big L which will suit the doom brigade!
  • Options
    Hopefully QPR are without that winger who came on towards the end of the away game and tore us to shreds
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    What is in our favour is the number of clubs down there. We have to do our bit of course, but with 5 clubs in and around us and 2 a bit below us (and potentially Wednesday joining them), some will do better than others. If we win a couple more and draw one - that would be quite a gap for Luton and Barnsley to make up in 8 games. Then one of Hull. Boro, Wigan, Huddersfield or Stoke only have to have a poor run in. 

If Wednesday are docked 12 points, they will be on the same points as Barnsley and would need to gain 12 points from their remaining games. Then you do have to wonder were Hull's next point is coming from.

We are far from out of it, but have a decent chance of survival after the terrific result at Hull.
  • Options
    Charlton:
    Beat QPR 1-0
    Cardiff (A)
    Millwall (H)
    Brentford (A)
    Reading (H)
    Birmingham (A)
    Wigan (H)
    Leeds (A)

Post-restart form: WW

Wigan:
    Beat Blackburn 2-0
    Stoke (H)
    Brentford (A)
    QPR (H)
    Barnsley (A)
    Hull (H)
    Charlton (A)
    Fulham (H)

Post-restart form: WW

Stoke:
    Lost to Middlesbrough 0-2
    Wigan (A)
    Barnsley (H)
    Leeds (A)
    Birmingham (H)
    Bristol (A)
    Brentford (H)
    Forest (A)

Post-restart form: DL

Huddersfield:
    Lost to Notts Forest 1-3 Bacuna sent off
    Birmingham (A)
    Preston (H)
    Reading (A)
    Luton (H)
    Sheffield Wednesday (A)
    West Brom (H)
    Millwall (A)

Post-restart form: LL

Middlesbrough:
    Beat Stoke 2-0
    Hull (A)
    QPR (H)
    Millwall (A)
    Bristol (H)
    Reading (A)
    Cardiff (H)
    Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Post-restart form: LW

Hull:
    Drew with Birmingham 3-3
    Middlesbrough (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Bristol (A)
    Millwall (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Luton (H)
    Cardiff (A)

Post-restart form: LD

Barnsley:
    Drew with Millwall 0-0
    Blackburn (H)
    Stoke (A)
    Luton (A)
    Wigan (H)
    Leeds (A)
    Forest (H)
    Brentford (A)

Post-restart form: WD

Luton:
    Beat Swansea 1-0
    Leeds (A)
    Reading (H)
    Barnsley (H)
    Huddersfield (A)
    QPR (H)
    Hull (A)
    Blackburn (H)

Post-restart form: DW
  • Options
    Cardiff away for me is a free hit 

millwall at home Friday bows will want a result for the fans and I think if we win that we will be fine 
  • Options
    Charlton:
    Beat QPR 1-0
    Cardiff (A) L
    Millwall (H) W
    Brentford (A) L
    Reading (H) D
    Birmingham (A) L
    Wigan (H) L
    Leeds (A) W

Post-restart form: WWLWLDLLW
    Final Points: 52

Wigan:
    Beat Blackburn 2-0
    Stoke (H) W
    Brentford (A) L
    QPR (H) W
    Barnsley (A) W
    Hull (H) W
    Charlton (A) W
    Fulham (H) L

Post-restart form: WWLWWWWL
    Final Points: 62

Stoke:
    Lost to Middlesbrough 0-2
    Wigan (A) L
    Barnsley (H) W
    Leeds (A) L
    Birmingham (H) D
    Bristol (A) W
    Brentford (H) L
    Forest (A) L

Post-restart form: DLWLDWLL
    Final Points: 50

Huddersfield:
    Lost to Notts Forest 1-3 Bacuna sent off
    Birmingham (A) L
    Preston (H) L
    Reading (A) D
    Luton (H) W
    Sheffield Wednesday (A) D
    West Brom (H) L
    Millwall (A) W

Post-restart form: LLLLDWDLW
    Final Points: 50

Middlesbrough:
    Beat Stoke 2-0
    Hull (A) W
    QPR (H) D
    Millwall (A) W
    Bristol (H) L
    Reading (A) D
    Cardiff (H) L
    Sheffield Wednesday (A) W

Post-restart form: LWDWLDLW
    Final Points: 52

Hull:
    Drew with Birmingham 3-3
    Middlesbrough (H) L
    West Brom (A) L
    Bristol (A) L
    Millwall (H) D
    Wigan (A) L
    Luton (H) D
    Cardiff (A) L

Post-restart form: LDLLLDLDL

Final Points: 44 - Relegated 23rd

Barnsley:
    Drew with Millwall 0-0
    Blackburn (H) W
    Stoke (A) L
    Luton (A) D
    Wigan (H) L
    Leeds (A) L
    Forest (H) L
    Brentford (A) L

Post-restart form: WDWLDLLLL

Finak Points: 42 - Relegated 24th

Luton:
    Beat Swansea 1-0
    Leeds (A) L
    Reading (H) D
    Barnsley (H) D
    Huddersfield (A) L
    QPR (H) D
    Hull (A) D
    Blackburn (H) D

Post-restart form: DWLDDLDDD
    Final Points: 44 - Relegated 22nd
    Those are my wildly inaccurate predictions  B)