Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kayla RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Vitesse Arnhem have been flying an Eagle pre match for years. It was far more impressive than the one at Palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsfE5x3ufaw

What? The stripey mugs copying someone... Never!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Think we should do wings to celebrate our next goal in respect to the Croydon Pigeon.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    PopIcon said:
    @Henry Irving do you have google alerts set up for deaths?
    Do you troll RIP threads as your life is so boring?
    I'm taking that response as a yes.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Addickted said:
    Vitesse Arnhem have been flying an Eagle pre match for years. It was far more impressive than the one at Palace.

Colours from Barcelona
    Nickname from Benfica
    Mascot from Vitesse
    Ground from Sainsburys
    Ultras from Toys R Us
    Rivalry with Brighton from the film Genevieve 
    'South London' from proper South London clubs

Anything else?
    Cheerleaders from NFL
  • Options
    Named after an old greenhouse.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    @Henry Irving do you have google alerts set up for deaths?
    Do you troll RIP threads as your life is so boring?
    I taking that response as a yes.
    Then, as usual, you're wrong

Please stop sealioning on this thread, and elsewhere.

BTIM
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    RIP Kayla.

I respected you as a bird of Prey, even if I disapproved of your day job, and you could be a fly by night.

• Options
    2nd best looking bird at Shitehurst Park. Jo Brand being the 1st.
  • Options
    After the events of the last few months, perhaps Charlton should get a vulture...
    We used to have quite a few pigeons in the WestStand.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    Addickted said:

Nickname from Benfica

I didn't know that Benfica are nicknamed the Nigels.

• Options
    Spotty Nigels 

=

Nigels manchados
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Trying to punch it was almost as embarrassing for us as having it in the first place is embarrassing for them.

I'm sure it was a lovely bird and its a shame that it has died, but it goes down in a long litany of nonsense:-
     - Copying other teams kits
     - Changing nicknames to be more relevant (we did the same but at least we realised our error)
     - Creating rivalries with geographically distant teams.
     - "Ultras" with their black hoodies and banners - unbelievably cringeworthy.
     - Claiming a history that isn't theirs (oldest club FFS).
     - "South London and proud".

Knobs, cocks, twats and dicks the lot of them...

Most of this is fair enough, but the rivalry they have with Brighton makes as much sense as that between Norwich and Ipswich, or Swindon and Oxford. They are all the biggest team in their respective county - Brighton in Sussex and Palace in Surrey. The distance between Brighton and Croydon is about the same as Ipswich to Norwich as well. 
    Not every team can be like us London clubs and have rivals just down the road. 
    The difference is that there are about fifteen league clubs closer to Crystal Palace than Brighton, including Stevenage, Southend and Gillingham.  They also have to go past a league club to get to Brighton (admitedly a fairly recent fourth division one) and they also have to somehow ignore the three other teams from South London, which is strange given they sing 'South London is ours' and had South London and Proud written on their shirts one season.  

From Brighton's point of view, yes, Palace is the nearest football club to them (excluding Crawley) but if they just travel a further few miles there's a dozen others they could have a 'rivalry' with.  For Ipswich their choice is Norwich or Colchester, for Norwich there is just Ipswich.  Similar to Swindon/Oxford - although some seem to have a bigger dislike for Reading.

It would make as much sense as Norwich and Ipswich - IF Ipswich was a city with eight league clubs of a similar size to them and instead of having a rivalry with one of them, they chose a team 45 miles down the road.

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Trying to punch it was almost as embarrassing for us as having it in the first place is embarrassing for them.

I'm sure it was a lovely bird and its a shame that it has died, but it goes down in a long litany of nonsense:-
     - Copying other teams kits
     - Changing nicknames to be more relevant (we did the same but at least we realised our error)
     - Creating rivalries with geographically distant teams.
     - "Ultras" with their black hoodies and banners - unbelievably cringeworthy.
     - Claiming a history that isn't theirs (oldest club FFS).
     - "South London and proud".

Knobs, cocks, twats and dicks the lot of them...

And the cheerleaders, the Crystal Meths or whatever they were called.
    Dated one of these for a bit, absolute head case.