Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Dorward - unknown player

It's not often you come across a player and can find nothing about their career at Charlton, but the 1930 Topical Times book of 100 Football Stars includes one David Doward, who I'd not heard of before. He's not in The Valiant 500, or mentioned in Home and Away so I can only assume his career didn't take off with us. 

I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about him, other than the info below?

The Dundee United 'arab archive' shows him playing 50 games between 1928 and 1930, having been signed from Dundee North End. He was apparently released in April 1930 so he could sign for us.

The Topical Times biog say:
Right half back. Height 5 ft 9 ins ; weight 11 st 7 lbs. A native of Dundee, he graduated with North End, a local junior combination. Was signed by Dundee United, and after two seasons there was transferred to Charlton in June of 1930. A fast, clever half-back, Dorward is a full ninety minutes' player.

I assume he had been popular at Dundee United, which prompted the Topical Times to take a punt on him becoming popular at Charlton. 

Comments