Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David Luiz

2»

Comments

• The great Arsenal teams of the past were built with uncompromising defenders and midfielders who knew what the word "defend" meant - McLintock, Rice, Adams, Bould, Keown, Campbell, Vieira, Petit, Dixon, Winterburn, Cole etc etc.

In the last decade they have signed flaky ball playing footballers who seem to have little or no understanding of what their primary job is. Long may that continue. 
  • David Luiz must have the you highest career earnings to ability ratio in the history of football
  • Luiz reminds me of the first year Puyol got in the Barca team. Sadly for Luiz, it was only his first year that Puyol looked shite, whilst Luiz has carried on playing the same way for the rest of his career. He's an absolute liability as a defender. If he played midfield he'd be an average to decent player... But he doesn't. 
  • I'm not surprised they've signed him up to be honest. Arteta wants a big rebuild and having to replace yet another defender is just going to drain his resources. I imagine if Arteta gets what he wants (most of which will surely involve firing Mustafi into the sun) then Luiz will likely be a real back up option. This is Arsenal though, so Luiz will probably still be first choice next season.
  • Signing up David Luiz and Soares tells me they won't be investing much next season if they're keeping these two plus Saliba coming back. They'll still have Sokratis and Holding contracted.

The real question Arsenal fans want to know is, what's happening with the contracts of Saka and Auba.

• Edu, the Arsenal D O F, is Brazilian, he must like his football with a dash of adventure as does fellow Brazilian Luiz (I quite like watching him play, it's entertaining, the issue is, his fellow defenders are as unreliable and flaky as he is)
  • Signing up David Luiz and Soares tells me they won't be investing much next season if they're keeping these two plus Saliba coming back. They'll still have Sokratis and Holding contracted.

The real question Arsenal fans want to know is, what's happening with the contracts of Saka and Auba.

With everything thats happened you have to question just how many clubs will be investing next season and how many will simply offer one year deals to current players to get back to normality
  • Can see him end up and either West ham or Palarse. 

He wants to stay in London and both clubs love an old donkey
    Looks like I was wrong. 

Always next year when his contact runs out. 
  • Yeah...please go to palarse.