Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prem game Updates (post lockdown)

Comments

• Options
    Grealish's socks are annoying me, I'm out.
  • Options
    They obviously wont because they need the points but Dean Smith should tell his players to give Sheffield United a goal lol, if GDS was working it would be 1-0 Sheffield United lol
    No Chance. There's way too much at stake. 
  • Options
    Disgrace Villa have let all these invisibility-cloak-sporting fans in
  • Options
    What would have happened if the ball had really hit the back of the net but no "beep"? Does the ref have to rely on goal line technology? 

Surely he should have stopped the game at that point to check that it was working. Just hold the ball over the line to see what happens.

Absolute ridiculous reliance on technology  - like driving along a railway line because your Satnav tells you to.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    As in other instances why doesn't the ref go and look at the screen to check. Then he can see it is over the line and give the goal
    I suppose when GLT is so reliable you probably question if it is just you that is imagining things...

Also had Oliver done that and it not been a goal then you know everyone would be demanding to know why he'd overruled GLT
    Also, also when would it stop. Every game when there is a shout from the players because they believe the ball crossed the line but the watch didnt buzz. The ref has to go with the tech and assume its correct otherwise they will end up checking a screen every time.
  • Options
    Word from the officials that the technology is now working...

Sounds like it wasnt then

Unfortunately its probably a freak incident that Sheff Utd have been forced to deal with
    Sounds more like they forgot to turn it on!
  • Options
    You do have to wonder what the player reaction would be if it was in a full stadium - Player / Official respect seems to be a lot better so far
  • Options
    What would have happened if the ball had really hit the back of the net but no "beep"? Does the ref have to rely on goal line technology? 

Surely he should have stopped the game at that point to check that it was working. Just hold the ball over the line to see what happens.

Absolute ridiculous reliance on technology  - like driving along a railway line because your Satnav tells you to.
    That would never happen....

• Options
    Got no problem with technology not working, shit happens. But the fact that VAR can’t check is ridiculous. It should cover the tech should something like this happen.
    They said VAR could have checked because it was the same passage of play once the keeper threw it out, but apparently decided against it, not sure why
    Prince William is in charge of VAR tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Word from the officials that the technology is now working...

Sounds like it wasnt then

Unfortunately its probably a freak incident that Sheff Utd have been forced to deal with
    Sounds more like they forgot to turn it on!
    The bloke in charge is self isolating. 
  • Options
    FIFA goal missed
  • Options
    Villa should have scored there.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Clearer but stuttery... Why are my streams failing me?!
  • Options
    Lol at players cramping already...
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    What a non-event to wait 100 days for.
    Nothing more than a training match. No atmosphere, practically no intensity, no excitement whatsoever.
    A checkatrade game with 500 fans scattered around the ground would be far more exciting than this dross.
    The only highlight of the first quarter was the players taking the knee when the first whistle blew.

Stuck with it for 25 minutes then gave up.
    If I was one of the PL sponsors paying £billions for this tat I'd want my money back right now.
  • Options
    Sod the empty stadium, the weird crowd noise, sod even the failure of goal line technology what I can't understand is wtf Grealish has done to his hair. He looks like a low return My Little Pony tribute act.
  • Options
    Assume they'll have this crowd noise for the City game? Should improve the atmosphere somewhat. 
  • Options
    How the hell is Nyland starting ahead of Reina!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Money money money...

Fucking hate football.
  • Options
    Linda subbed with cramp FFS.

75 minutes and they've not exactly been having a go!
  • Options
    Had forgotten all about the at least one a game every game VAR fuck ups over the last 100 days. Shambles.
  • Options
    My stream just skipped, what was the VAR fuck up? Or are you on about the GLT fuck up.
  • Options
    Come on book Grealish already for simulating injury.
  • Options
    Hopefully the City Arsenal game has more to give than this
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    My stream just skipped, what was the VAR fuck up? Or are you on about the GLT fuck up.
    Yeah sorry that was it. But why couldn’t VAR give the goal? Supposed to be dealing with clear and obvious errors...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeah sorry that was it. But why couldn’t VAR give the goal? Supposed to be dealing with clear and obvious errors...
    It's not allowed to intervene in existing technology, that's a rule in itself that needs sorting.
  • Options
    That Sheffield forward is a proper whinger isn't he!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's not allowed to intervene in existing technology, that's a rule in itself that needs sorting.
    They said at HT when the keeper threw it out because it was the same phase of play VAR could have pulled it back and awarded the goal,  but apparently decided against it