Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Songs from a CAFC game you remember

1967 -Excerpt from a Teenage Opera -Keith West
Beat Pompey 4-1 -I think they were top of table at the time and had recently lost to them at Pompey
Was on East Terrace with my Dad and friends - Great night

1971 -Tweedle Dee tweedle dum -Middle of the Road
We used to sing -Oh tweedle dee oh tweedle dum 
We are the Charlton and we never run
Was home to Sheff Weds - drew 1-1
Probably tge biggest punch up in Covered End I have ever seen - went on all the game

1994. Man U away in the Cup
Things can only get better by D Ream 
Lost 3-1 10k Charlton there and could have been more

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    2 that stand out for me were against Huddersfield when we won league 1 and stopped their unbeaten run 

43 games who give a f**k were Charlton Athletic and were going up

Also

You can stick your f***ing record up your arse 
  • Options
    He’s got two yellow cards,
    He’s got two yellow cards.
    We’ve got two Sodjes,
    He’s got two yellow cards. 
  • Options
    we're going back to The Valley, back to The Valley, we're going back to The Valley....

The Baseball Ground, Derby

December 89 (?) 
  • Options
    Shaddup you face - Joe Dolce , Ipswich away in the cup 81 I think
  • Options
    Yellow, yellow, yellow,...... 
    Arsenal away c1989
  • Options
    1967 -Excerpt from a Teenage Opera -Keith West
    Beat Pompey 4-1 -I think they were top of table at the time and had recently lost to them at Pompey
    Was on East Terrace with my Dad and friends - Great night

1971 -Tweedle Dee tweedle dum -Middle of the Road
    We used to sing -Oh tweedle dee oh tweedle dum 
    We are the Charlton and we never run
    Was home to Sheff Weds - drew 1-1
    Probably tge biggest punch up in Covered End I have ever seen - went on all the game

1994. Man U away in the Cup
    Things can only get better by D Ream 
    Lost 3-1 10k Charlton there and could have been more
    https://www.11v11.com/teams/charlton-athletic/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Sheffield%20Wednesday/
  • Options
    Certainly was,  brilliant day out and a good performance by us against a very strong Ipswich team. 

Our support was loud that day!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    E_cafc said:
    Certainly was,  brilliant day out and a good performance by us against a very strong Ipswich team. 

Our support was loud that day!
    Remember there being a bit of trouble as a few spanners 🔧 has got into the away end.
  • Options
    Oh Andy Hunt.. song at Stockport,  3-1 to the Reds
  • Options
    'We all Dream of a team of Kermogants, a team of Kermogants'...
    Can't remember exactly which away game it was, got lockdown amnesia about footie!
  • Options
    One nil down, two-one up We stay up and Leeds stay down. 
    On the coaches whilst being kept in a breakers yard for an hour after the St Andrews 87 game.
  • Options
    nick knack paddy wack give a dog a bone .. fuck off Millwall go back home .. often sung at derby games in the 60s and 70s 
  • Options
    Championees 
  • Options
    December 1984 - Charlton 4-1 Grimsby - their goalie was Nigel Batch and this song was sung constantly for 45mins. I’m absolutely sure it got to him ...

Who’s the Pratt in the green and black ... Nigel, Nigel

• Options
    “At least we own the corner flags, at least we own the corner flags” ad nauseum by Hereford supporters at the leg at their ground - league cup - it was a reference to us playing at Selhurst.
  • Options
    Grimsby away .... we know a song that gets on everybody's nerves 

• Options
    One of the few occasions where a chant from the crowd seemed to visibly irritate a player, was the endless chants of "old man, old man, old man, old man" aimed at Luton's Trevor Peake in a game back in the 90s!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ...sadly I remember chanting for Alan Pardew to be the next manager during a terrible home game, was it Wycombe in the league cup ?
  • Options
    "Were the Charlton the mighty Charlton we never win away"...as we were smashed 6-0 at Hull. 

Also loved Yazz - The Only Way Is Up at Wembley play-offs, to the Premier League,. Just felt so good. 

• Options
    'No noise from the Netflix boys!'
  • Options
    Random game, but recall both from Colchester away in 2007.

There's only one teddy sheringham,
    there's only one teddy sheringham.
    With a walking stick and a zimmer frame, Sheringham has pissed himself again

and

Posh spice is a slapper, she needs to shave her beaver, cos when she pulls her knickers down she looks like nicky weaver!!

• Options
    Charlton v Liverpool Oct 2001

Directed at Phil Thompson standing in the away dugout.....

”Get your nose off of our pitch”
  • Options
    I always come back to 'Fatty's got a burger' / 'Fatty's getting fatter'/ 'Fatty's getting angry' etc at a dire 0-0 (I think) against Coventry at Selhurst.

The shitness of it all is making me smile even now!
  • Options
    "Ham and Cheese, Ham and Cheese, Ham and Cheese" sang whilst trying to get to the station away from Selhurst about 10-12 years ago. no idea why but someone said he thought it had something to do with a special offer in a supermarket. 
  • Options
    Must have been around 2000, wasn’t our song Think Ipswich May have sung it first, but to Man City, Blue Moon you got promoted to soon. Now look ☹️