Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New FIFA Transfer Regulations

I just put this on the Lyle Taylor thread, but wanted to start a new one about it.

So Fifa have made 2 new regulations regarding transfers.

1- Players can play for 3 teams in a season instead of 2.

2- This  is probably the biggest change, they have said its up to individual leagues as to when they repopen the Transfer Window and if they want to reopen before the end of the current season they can do.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12004878/fifa-allows-transfer-windows-to-open-before-season-ends-but-fa-is-discussing-august-october

Comments

• Premier League have decided against the idea of opening early and have said no players signed can play beforee the season finishes on July 25th.

But I haven't seen what the EFL have said about The Championship 
  • edited June 2020
    Lets just hope The FA and EFL all  agree to not open the window until the season is completed.

Last thing we need is to rock up to Griffin Park and Fosu sets up Taylor
  • It will just be our fucking luck that Taylor signs for Leeds & scores the winner against us on the final day.....sending them up & us down. 
  • Nah even the EFL know that would be taking the piss. They’ll follow the Premier League’s lead on this, as they do with almost everything else.
  • Didn't the EFL already announce that players who moved before the end of this season wouldn't be allowed to play for their new clubs till next season 
  • The EFL would go along with the Premier League on something like this. 
  • I just put this on the Lyle Taylor thread, but wanted to start a new one about it.

So Fifa have made 2 new regulations regarding transfers.

1- Players can play for 3 teams in a season instead of 2.

2- This  is probably the biggest change, they have said its up to individual leagues as to when they repopen the Transfer Window and if they want to reopen before the end of the current season they can do.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12004878/fifa-allows-transfer-windows-to-open-before-season-ends-but-fa-is-discussing-august-october
    That doesn't specify if they can be registered to play in the time that window is open.