Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite / Worst Smells?

Comments

• Best - Tom Ford aftershave. I dunno what he puts in it but I could eat myself when I put it on.

Worst - Gone off milk. That shit stays in your nostrils for days.
    Tried Soya?
    Tip: By mouth. Not nose.
    I don’t drink milk but I also stay away from Soy as the soybean industry is causing widespread deforestation and displacement of small farmers and indigenous peoples around the globe.
  • Favourites are petrichor (the smell of rain falling on dry soil) and freshly mown grass. Worst is the smell of food that has been left in the waste food caddy.
  • Best--Brewery
              Fresh Bread

Worst --The smell from Van den Berghs margarine factory in Purfleet some years back.
                  For anyone who has worked in the chemical industry --pyridine.
  • Favourites are petrichor (the smell of rain falling on dry soil) and freshly mown grass. Worst is the smell of food that has been left in the waste food caddy.
    'Petrichor' is it? I meant to describe that initially opening the thread, but said grass to avoid going into detail as I couldn't pinpoint what it was. Smelled it yesterday for first time in weeks. 

As an observation....there are a lot of people with a penchant for solvents in our midst. Just saying!
  • Hal1x said:
    Best Grass & Fresh baked bread.
    worst walking past a Lush Soap store.
    Always felt like gagging whenever I walked past a Lush store - awful smell.
  • Best - Tom Ford aftershave. I dunno what he puts in it but I could eat myself when I put it on.

Worst - Gone off milk. That shit stays in your nostrils for days.
    Tried Soya?
    Tip: By mouth. Not nose.
    I don’t drink milk but I also stay away from Soy as the soybean industry is causing widespread deforestation and displacement of small farmers and indigenous peoples around the globe.
    Seven times more people can be feed by soy than by meat. It is the meat industry that causes the most deforestation. Palm oil is also a big problem.
  • love the smell of the seaside and in particular the fresh doughnut still when they are still warm
  • Best smell probably fresh mown grass, or sea air
    worst by a very long way (pure) ammonia
    Have you ever sat down in the fresh-cut grass
    And thought about the moment and when it will pass?
    Hey man, now you're really living

https://youtu.be/DpE4I84sf6I
  • edited June 2020
    My favourite smells - new tennis balls and new trainers

My worst smells - mushrooms when cooking and baby sick. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Best: Love the smell after it has rained on a hot day, also love the smell of petrol

Worst: The flowers that smell like cat piss (Valerian?) and the smell of sick is enough to make me sick
    I love that special smell
    When the sun shines down
    After the rain
    I remember how it felt
    When I closed the files
    Where I saved smiles

OWC by Kent

https://youtu.be/6N7TGAu1A-w

In my previous job, we used to find a new word every week and try to use it when possible. Petrichor is one of those words.

I too hate the smell of Lush, it is disgusting.
  • My favourites - seaside air, bbq, fresh baked bread, freshly bathed baby with talcum powder on (alway loved bathing my kids when little babies)

My worst - smell of weed, do not know how anyone can smoke something that stinks of cabbage to me!! Petrol - makes me feel sick. Cat shit trodden in, seems to emanate a power unknown to man.
  • Best - rain when it hits hot tarmac, closely followed by mown grass, aviation fuel and personal farts.
    Worst - Other peoples sick
    Another post has reminded me of White Horse Linament. Loved that smell before a game in the winter. I might buy a bottle just to sniff it again (can you still buy it?)
  • Favourite: Fresh Coffee
    Worst: Durian.*

(*Any of you who’ve been to Singapore/Malaysia will probably know what this is. It’s considered a delicacy in the region - it’s a large fruit that locals claim tastes delicious but smells atrocious.
    I can confirm that the smell is absolutely disgusting - it’s got hints of decay, chemicals, shit and vomit to it. I have tasted durian and it was a bit meh, but the aftertaste was like the smell. It was all I could taste for about 3 hours. Fucking rank.)
  • Miles too extravagant and luxurious, and ethically very questionable, but new car smell is nice.
  • The smell of a new book can be bloody glorious, that and Mint sauce

Could get high just happily smelling a fresh copy of Valley review and a open jar of mint sauce
  • Best: Freshly baled hay.
    Worst: Bone meal 🤢
  • best - freshly roasted coffee

worst - when the dog ate a load of cat shit and then threw it all up.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2020
    Best-Petrol, Rain, Chlorine 

Worst-Burning Flesh, Peanut Butter

An honourable mention to newborn baby poo, now Shit stinks, but when my daughter was born for the first few months I loved the smell of her poo, it wasnt until after a few months it started getting horrible, but at first it was fine, I even at one point said to @kellycafc if they could bottle it up I would wear it lol.

Not sure if its all newborns or just hers that smelt nice lol
  • Best: turf burning on an open fire, freshly cut grass.

Worst: vomit and cheese especially cooked cheese, makes me want to vomit 🤮
  • Best, sea air, but most of all in Croatia where it is mixed with the pine trees, and whatever they happen to be grilling in the area.

Worst? The ADBD.ae website
  • Not nice but worst is the smell of death. The day my father passed away in hospital, I walked into his room, and there was a smell the like of which I will never forget. He passed away 6 hours later. He was 87 so had his innings. But the smell will stay with me. 
  • Best - I have to say I love the smell of a takeaway curry when is delivered

Worst - cleaning out our Ferrets is an awful job, combination of their piss and shit makes for a terrible stink - oh and I can’t stand Jasmine, smells like very strong semen
  • Those sticks they burn in Asian shops. Just bought a few cans out of one, and can’t drink the beer out of the can as it stinks of that smell.
  • Not nice but worst is the smell of death. The day my father passed away in hospital, I walked into his room, and there was a smell the like of which I will never forget. He passed away 6 hours later. He was 87 so had his innings. But the smell will stay with me. 
    I know that smell and it is horrible but the smell of someone who has laid undiscovered for two weeks is grim. I know.*

*We were asked by the landlord if there was any chance of getting the bodily fluids out of the carpet to save him buying a new one.
  • Best-Petrol, Rain, Chlorine 

Worst-Burning Flesh, Peanut Butter

An honourable mention to newborn baby poo, now Shit stinks, but when my daughter was born for the first few months I loved the smell of her poo, it wasnt until after a few months it started getting horrible, but at first it was fine, I even at one point said to @kellycafc if they could bottle it up I would wear it lol.

Not sure if its all newborns or just hers that smelt nice lol
    Fcking hell haha

• Cant beat the smell of freshly baked bread. Love driving past the hovis factory up by north heath.

If the wind is in the right direction can smell it from my house, especially when they are baking hot cross buns.

Hate Parmesan cheese, smells like sick to me

• Favourite - the smell as you walk past a curry house.

Worst - Theresa from Hull.