Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    Sibleys innings was "interesting" because he had a mindset that he was looking to leave absolutely everything including two balls that would, ordinarily, be freebies to him as a predominantly leg side player
  • Options
    Tricky those straight ones.
  • Options
    Sky sports having a mare. Seems their vision mixing software has crashed (I’m guessing), can’t display graphics and having difficulty switching angles. 
  • Options
    Classic Dom.  Struggling with his eyesight. 

Wait.  What?  Sorry, wrong thread. 
  • Options
    Sky sports having a mare. Seems their vision mixing software has crashed (I’m guessing), can’t display graphics and having difficulty switching angles. 
    Indeed - not quite as bad but not too divorced from those fixed camera head on shots that you get when highlights of County games are shown
  • Options
    And we're off for rain!
  • Options
    That's the old normal 
  • Options
    The ECB have just issued a statement saying that they will be issuing a statement about the conditions under which recreational cricket can return. Which is very good of them given that clubs are trying to arrange games to take place for 72 hours time!

They have at least confirmed that 11 a side will be permitted and that there will be not be a set number of overs per side permitted i.e. it won't have to be a 20 over per side game as previously thought by some
  • Options
    Sibleys innings was "interesting" because he had a mindset that he was looking to leave absolutely everything including two balls that would, ordinarily, be freebies to him as a predominantly leg side player
    He’s weak in the exact place an opening international batsman should be great in - outside his off stump, especially in England. It was textbook great bowling though, have a couple on the same line swinging out then bowl one on the exact same line and swing it in. Sibley took it hook line and sinker. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Burns got away with murder padding up to a straight one - Sibley went one worse and offered nothing to an even straighter one - bell end
  • Options
    Right we're back on
  • Options
    Sorry a bit premature. Story of my life unfortunately.
  • Options
    Why are teams scared to win the toss and bowl first in test matches these days?
  • Options
    And we're off again
  • Options
    I had a quiet morning and watched all the buildup. Half meetings from 1.30 till 3. Missed the toss and every ball that's been bowled. There probably won't be anymore play today ffs.
  • Options
    The ECB have just issued a statement saying that they will be issuing a statement about the conditions under which recreational cricket can return. Which is very good of them given that clubs are trying to arrange games to take place for 72 hours time!

They have at least confirmed that 11 a side will be permitted and that there will be not be a set number of overs per side permitted i.e. it won't have to be a 20 over per side game as previously thought by some
    Guidelines now issued - including clubs providing marked "running lanes" for batsmen so they don't run near the bowler. 
  • Options
    You somehow knew that after the excitement of Test cricket finally returning, only 17 overs would be bowled
  • Options
    Thus ends the penultimate innings of his Test career
  • Options
    (good ball, didn't get across)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beaten by pace there. Ah well, another Kent boy to take his place. 
  • Options
    As Athers has just said there is little that isn't known as a result of County and Country analysts and Denly's habit of planting the front foot in the same place regardless of the line does mean that he will leave a gap between bat and pad and/or even "curtain railing" in a last ditch attempt to hit the ball.

• Options
    Gabriel bowling like a dream. Fine sight when in full flow
  • Options
    51-3 

The decision to bat in these conditions is biting us in the posterior! 
  • Options
    Still think bat-first is fine. Good game in prospect
  • Options
    Scoreboard pressure coming from the other end with Roach and Holders first 13 overs between them going for just 6 runs
  • Options
    51-3 

But will hopefully be more than evened up by WI batting on day 5.
  • Options
    51-3 

But will hopefully be more than evened up by WI batting on day 5.
    Even with the weather we've had somehow I don't think it may get to Day 5. Both sides strength is their bowling rather than their batting especially with us missing Root
  • Options
    51-3 

I agree, but assume they believe it will take spin.
    Looks an excellent cricket pitch overall.

• Options
    51-3 

I agree, but assume they believe it will take spin.
    Looks an excellent cricket pitch overall.

A lot of pressure on Dom Bess then, if we're relying on him to run through the Windies attack