Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travel Quarantine from 8th June

Sorry if this has been covered in the (huge) Covid thread. Did search, but couldn't find it. Been planning a two month family trip since the end of last summer (Aug - Sept). Got a new baby boy who hasn't met his grandparents yet and was hoping to take both the kids to The Valley for the first time. There seems to be very little clear guidance. 

This paragraph is taken from the gov.uk page. Does it mean I can stay with friends and family, or not??

Through the new online locator contact form all arriving passengers will need to provide details of their self-isolation accommodation. If this does not meet the necessary requirements - such as hotels, or with friends or family - they will be required to self-isolate in facilities arranged by the government.

So are 'hotels, friends or family' examples of places that do not meet the necessary requirements or places that meet the necessay requirements? I think it can be read both ways and there's nowhere else where appropriate places to stay are defined.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    My guess would be they don't meet the requirements, as you'll be in contact with other people in both those settings.
  • Options
    Actually, just found this:

If you’re at home or staying with friends or family, avoid contact with the people you’re staying with and minimise the time you spend in shared areas.

If you’re staying in a hotel or guest house, you cannot use shared areas such as bars, restaurants, health clubs and sports facilities. Stay 2 metres away from all other guests and staff.

Looks like we will be able to.

• Options
    Was about to say why would you even want to go on a holiday to sit in a hotel room for two weeks... but then I see you are going for two months.

So whilst not ideal, losing a quarter of your holiday is better than losing all of it I guess 
  • Options
    qurantine for arrivals in the UK ? .. 3 months too late .. horse, stable bolted has (rearrange into a well known saying) .. it's possible the quarantine will have been lifted by mid/late August .. if not, I am sure that staying with family will be OK for the requirement, perhaps a letter from your UK family will suffice as 'proof' .. enjoy your stay

• Options
    So if I'm using common sense which is what we are being told to do, does that mean our 16 month old can now stay at grandparents houses, even if not travelling from overseas ? 
  • Options
    The UK imposes quarantine at the same time that Spain is lifting theirs.

Absolutely useless bunch of tossers in charge.

I have a ticket for mid-July and if I have to self-isolate or quarantine for 14 days I won't be using it and will change my trip to September when it's likely to have been rescinded.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    So if I'm using common sense which is what we are being told to do, does that mean our 16 month old can now stay at grandparents houses, even if not travelling from overseas ? 

By all means, if anyone sees you just say you left them there to check their eyesight's okay.
  • Options
    Had holiday booked in remote france late june 
    Straight through euro tunnel no contact with anyone during the time there apart from the small group of friends going and even then would have no problem with social distance
    Yet we cant go!!! Yes if you are at a airport then on a plane I sort of get it but through euro tunnel realy!!??
    Got more chance of catching something nasty doing my weekly shop!!!
    Lost so much faith in this government over the last week or so in the way they are handling this
  • Options
    Straight through euro tunnel no contact with anyone during the time there apart from the small group of friends going and even then would have no problem with social distance
    Yet we cant go!!! Yes if you are at a airport then on a plane I sort of get it but through euro tunnel realy!!??
    Lost so much faith in this government over the last week or so in the way they are handling this
    It's presumably not the contact aspect but the recycled air on the train & the like.
  • Options
    What if you broke down on any part of the journey, what if there was a problem on Eurostar and you had to evacuate your vehicle and possibly the tunnel. What if you or one of your party have the virus but do not know yet why should France have to take the brunt.

Not the governments fault, personally I think they are doing the best they can and travel restrictions are the right thing to do. I was due to fly to Canada tomorrow and have not seen a penny of my £7k yet that I paid for it however I am not blaming the government. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I am?
    We are a month behind I wonder why??
    So why is ok to go to Spain??
  • Options
    Fair enough