Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

15 years ago today ....

Jon Fortune gave me one of the best moments of my Charlton supporting days when in the 82nd minute he headed past the flapping, pyjama trousered Palace keeper to tie up the scores in the game and ultimately relegate Palace.

Can still hear Sha La La La echoing round 3 sides of the ground as Dowie and Jordan skulked off. 

OK you could argue Palace have had the last laugh - be hard not to! - but no-one can ever take the memories away from that glorious sunny afternoon 15 years ago. 

Comments

• Jon Fortune gave me one of the best moments of my Charlton supporting days when in the 82nd minute he headed past the flapping, pyjama trousered Palace keeper to tie up the scores in the game and ultimately relegate Palace.

Can still hear Sha La La La echoing round 3 sides of the ground as Dowie and Jordan skulked off. 

OK you could argue Palace have had the last laugh - be hard not to! - but no-one can ever take the memories away from that glorious sunny afternoon 15 years ago. 

Relegating them pricks was up there with St Andrews '87 and Bauer's goal.
  • edited May 2020
    So after ETCYT, most of us now, respect Jordan more than Murray.
  • Personally I found it embarrassing then, and even more so now.
  • No way, I loved that day. Got the wrong train and ended up walking from Kidbrooke station. Hydration stop for a couple of beers in Blackheath then a couple in the Bugle and met my mate @carlsberg and his old man. 

I remember the guy sat in front of me absolutely coating Bryan Hughes who then scored. 

We were crap that season for big patches, and that day papered over every single crack. And I was working out of a yard in Croydon with loads of Palace fans and the next day was my first day in a new job as supervisor for them. I sang is this the way to Amrarillo for about 6 weeks. Also had the Ashes to get stuck into that summer 
  • Beautiful day , my eldest niece and nephew were 2 of the mascots 
  • Felt like we were getting relegated when they were winning 2-1
  • So after ETCYT, most of us now, respect Jordan more than Murray.
    that is true, but ETCYT is still one of the best quotes ever
  • Jon Fortune gave me one of the best moments of my Charlton supporting days when in the 82nd minute he headed past the flapping, pyjama trousered Palace keeper to tie up the scores in the game and ultimately relegate Palace.

It was my sons 18th birthday too...

I hope father and son celebrated it well.
  • Sponsored links:

I hope father and son celebrated it well.
    just a bit....
  • On MOTD now! 
  • We just celebrated Hughes goal as if it only happened today and we didn’t know it was going to happen. 

Memories of @letthegoodtimesroll original song ‘Hughes he is’ just sprung into my head and now I’ve got the giggles! 
  • ‘The face says it all, Iain Dowie knows what’s coming’ 
    🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭
  • Happy days. Sun shining. Packed Valley. Great atmosphere. Not losing a South London derby.  

Feels like a lifetime ago.
    Give it a rest ....
  • Off_it said:
    Happy days. Sun shining. Packed Valley. Great atmosphere. Not losing a South London derby.  

Feels like a lifetime ago.
    It was! 😁 
  • Routledge still playing, guess he is the only one?
  • Off_it said:
    Personally I found it embarrassing then, and even more so now.
    Give it a rest ....
    Some people do not understand what tribalism in football was like.  They have missed out.

• Most enjoyable to watch those highlights on MoTD. Makes up for Sean Bartlett’s goal against Leicester not being included as one of the top 10 Premier League goals on the programme before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Routledge still playing, guess he is the only one?
    Good old Wayne.
  • Blucher said:
    Most enjoyable to watch those highlights on MoTD. Makes up for Sean Bartlett’s goal against Leicester not being included as one of the top 10 Premier League goals on the programme before.
    The Van Persie volley against us and the Henry backheel were both quality goals, but in the brilliant 3-3 I almost wish that the Giggs shot from the half way line had gone in, instead of hitting the bar as that would have been a sensational goal
    I agree. I think the Giggs effort was the best bit of individual skill I’ve ever seen at The Valley
  • Blucher said:
    Blucher said:
    Most enjoyable to watch those highlights on MoTD. Makes up for Sean Bartlett’s goal against Leicester not being included as one of the top 10 Premier League goals on the programme before.
    The Van Persie volley against us and the Henry backheel were both quality goals, but in the brilliant 3-3 I almost wish that the Giggs shot from the half way line had gone in, instead of hitting the bar as that would have been a sensational goal
    I agree. I think the Giggs effort was the best bit of individual skill I’ve ever seen at The Valley
    Giggs' goal against Arsenal in the FA Cup semi at Villa Park must be one of his best ever.
  • Blucher said:
    Shinner...  ;):D
    In the year 2035 when Sunderland have just won their 3rd Champions League Final on the trot and AFC Trainspotters Athletic are still knocking about in the 17th tier of English football , boy am I gonna regret celebrating those two play off final victories 
  • Was in a Sport Bar, Protaras Cyprus, celebrated like crazy when Sky Sports cut to a deafening Valley, no other Addicks in the bar although a couple of Palarse fans, I bought them both a drink, I was with 6 mates so very much safety in numbers 😀😀