Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Local Parks, Trails and Walks

124»

Comments

• Options
    Keston ponds was decent today.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    search for   'walks in kent near London' - there's a website with about 30 walks on it - really good - lots round sevenoaks , westerham etc 
    If I catch any of you lot coming down near Sevenoaks I am ringing the police, clear breach of Covid rules.  o:)  
    yep, you're right - i've been back round scadbury and footscray meadows since the turn of the year unfortunately 
  • Options
    Keston ponds was decent today.
    Did you get your rod out?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Joydens Wood this morning, never been before and can’t believe 1. How big an area the wood is and 2. how much housing there is once you turn off Vicarage Road. 

Lived in Bexley borough all my life and there’s literally a massive area on my doorstep I never even knew existed (assuming because there appears to be no pub there!) 
  • Options
    Joydens Wood this morning, never been before and can’t believe 1. How big an area the wood is and 2. how much housing there is once you turn off Vicarage Road. 

Lived in Bexley borough all my life and there’s literally a massive area on my doorstep I never even knew existed (assuming because there appears to be no pub there!) 
    love Joydens.  Brilliiant cross country course there.  Can literally run off road all the way to Ruxley Corner across the fields or via five arches.
  • Options
    Huge fan of Swanscombe marshes, great to explore and it'll be waste of the wonderful space to lose it to shitty theme park 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Huge fan of Swanscombe marshes, great to explore and it'll be waste of the wonderful space to lose it to shitty theme park 
    There are moves to get this area protected for its wildlife value

https://www.kentwildlifetrust.org.uk/news/call-swanscombe-marshes-be-designated-site-special-scientific-interest
  • Options

We discovered Joydens in lockdown 1. It's been our favourite place to go for a walk ever since and we've been to quite a few now!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    If you have a dog, don’t let it go in the ponds on Swanscombe Marshes - highly contaminated due to being the site of a former cement works
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Agreed!
    What is the point of a tourist attraction in an area where the infrastructure (particularly the road network) struggles to cope?
    Stick it in the North, somewhere...