Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce car stolen

Thought I'd share on here, just seen on his instagram.

Taken off his drive in Chislehurst early hours of this morning. Thieves unlocked the car and drove away without the key, common occurrence these days.

Mercedes GLE grey - reg LH18 AUR

Comments

• Options
    Absolute scum. Is that where they use technology to locate your key indoors if it's not in a metal box or pouch of some kind? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Absolute scum. Is that where they use technology to locate your key indoors if it's not in a metal box or pouch of some kind? 
    Sounds that way - it repeats the signal to and from the key. We had a spate about 18 months ago in Snodland so I've been using a Faraday Bag since then.  Touch wood the cars are still here

Apparently you could buy the device for about £10k on the black market so after one decent car is nicked you have your outlay covered.

So frustrating that you just can't have anything nice these days without someone else thinking they deserve it more but can't pay for it
  • Options
    Gotta be a revenge theft.
    Maybe somebody in need of some wheels to get then to the new tit clinic.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Talal said:
    Sounds that way - it repeats the signal to and from the key. We had a spate about 18 months ago in Snodland so I've been using a Faraday Bag since then.  Touch wood the cars are still here

Apparently you could buy the device for about £10k on the black market so after one decent car is nicked you have your outlay covered.

So frustrating that you just can't have anything nice these days without someone else thinking they deserve it more but can't pay for it
    When my gran died her possessions included a massive old safe that we now keep in a cupboard, got keys in pouches in there so if they manage to get a signal through that then fair play.
    Though it's a couple of skodas so they probably wouldn't even bother. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Why would you turn on a microwave without opening it and trying to put something in first? Story doesn't add up
    Christ knows, like they said, was turned on accidentally so god knows what type of one they've got
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Why would you turn on a microwave without opening it and trying to put something in first? Story doesn't add up
    Microwave, what's one of them? I've only just learnt how to fill the kettle up 😉.
  • Options
    When you rule out the impossible, whatever's left, however improbable leads you to the solution.
    My money's on the cat turning it on.
  • Options
    Literally, a microwave is the most complicated thing to turn on* in my house. It requires three distinct specific procedures! My washing machine only needs two! 

*not counting people
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Was thinking the same "S"Leuth
  • Options
    Lucky for them JP never caught them red handed. 
    Will keep a lookout as I’m local. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Literally, a microwave is the most complicated thing to turn on* in my house. It requires three distinct specific procedures! My washing machine only needs two! 

*not counting people
    I believe the microwave story. I keep my car keys in the washing machine. I turned it on by mistake the other day with my keys inside. It caused the car doors to open, start the engine and a thief took it for a spin. However, our bike only disappeared for a little while as it was on a short cycle.
    I don't buy this at all. How can your car turn into a bike mid-thieving? Did the thief chop it in half down the middle?
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Probably more than 10 years ago, the security guy on the gate at work told me that there was software then that could take the signal from your key, and produce a copy which could be used for nefarious purposes. His advice was "Beware of man sitting in car park with laptop". You can bet in the ten years since, this has been refined even more. 

A fella who owns a Range Rover (No, not him) told me that he bought a Faraday bag after someone with a similar motor in his road had it pinched off of his drive -  he also  had CCTV, but that got jammed/scrambled at the time the car got nicked. We were having this converstion in his parents house after I took their mail in and found they had been burgled - it's a jungle out there!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    How can you accidentally bump the temperature setting, then cluelessly key in a time and then finally collide unawares with the start button? I'm buying this less and less, my good man
    Some of them have a quick start option for 30 seconds for example, it will be just 1 tap. 
  • Options
    I have got an old fashioned crooklock  fitted through the steering wheel which make my neighbours chuckle until they had their new 69 plate keyless Renult stolen never to be seen again. 
  • Options
    I've just ordered some Faraday bags from Amazon!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Leuth said:

*not counting people
    Imagine how hard it is for a footballer or their Wag to work a microwave. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

*not counting people
    Tbf you only need to press one button on mine and it turns on for 30s. If I accidentally knocked it whilst opening the fridge then I'd probably just let it run. I stand with ForeverAddickted.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

*not counting people
    Tbf you only need to press one button on mine and it turns on for 30s. If I accidentally knocked it whilst opening the fridge then I'd probably just let it run. I stand with ForeverAddickted.
    You scared the s**t out of me when I noticed you :)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    Microwave, what's one of them? I've only just learnt how to fill the kettle up 😉.
    To be honest I dont have a clue where the kitchen even is at home :)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I've just ordered some Faraday bags from Amazon!
    Bob, make sure they work, the majority don't! If you have a newish Merc just double hit the lock button and it turns the key signal off.

He's probably lucky they took it how they did, they came in my house to get my car keys!

I actually think it's time either the manufacturers sorted this out or stopped doing keyless cars.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    To be honest I dont have a clue where the kitchen even is at home :)
    Not having that you're supposed to be modern man 😉.
  • Options
    I suppose the thieves thought we'll nick his car there's no chance of him tackling us.