Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our out of contract players

Interesting article in the Guardian today

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/08/covid-19-impact-on-football-10-years-get-back-where-we-were-managers-players-scout

If there is a CAFC next season it could mean that it will be easier to retain some of these players, including Lyle?????

Comments

• Options
    I dont think it will help the Lyle situation. He is out of contract and will still be looking for top dollar, even if top dollar is not what it used to be, it's still more than we can offer unless ESL  do something none of us expect and by the PM it maybe too late.

I also think the article is too generic.   I do not see too much player power in the lower leagues.  I do agree though that these players will be hit and I can see smaller squads, more young players and competitions like Checkatrade being hinned as they cost the clubs.

Football at grass roots will change but I am sure the Prem and Championship will continue to benefit vastly from TV money.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Kap10 said:
    I dont think it will help the Lyle situation. He is out of contract and will still be looking for top dollar, even if top dollar is not what it used to be, it's still more than we can offer unless ESL  do something none of us expect and by the PM it maybe too late.

I also think the article is too generic.   I do not see too much player power in the lower leagues.  I do agree though that these players will be hit and I can see smaller squads, more young players and competitions like Checkatrade being hinned as they cost the clubs.

Football at grass roots will change but I am sure the Prem and Championship will continue to benefit vastly from TV money.
    For those clubs that survive the fallout that will come from the current events I suspect their owners will not only have a little less personal disposable cash to pump into their clubs but they will be taking a long hard look at how they make them more self sustainable. Player wages could see a major revamp, downwards.
  • Options
    Assuming we come through this with some sort of normal football team, we'll lose players to richer clubs, but also gain players from other clubs...

After all we gained Lyle in the first place from AFC, and Lockyer from Brizzle Rovers in this way