Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle Takeover - Were they looking at Charlton?

If I am not mistaken @Redhenry alluded to a Saudi Consortium that had bid 44.5 million to takeover the club. I am also sure that someone else had mentioned at the time that this group had possible links to royalty. Is this the point when I go into meltdown realising that we could have been owned by a sovereign wealth fund of over 350 billion, or am I putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure we would have all enjoyed the 'this takeover represents a corrupt and evil regime sports-washing its vile actions' v 'don't mix politics and sport - we're going up' arguments. 
  • Options

Id be very surprised but are we sure this isnt the Middle Eastern that @RedHenry has been hinting at for months?

I know he said they were Saudi but may have got the Nation wrong seeing he said we'd know the person if the name was put in public domain, i.e. Not many Saudis out there that Id recognise by name to be honest

It wasn't this lot. It was a very important Saudi
  • Options
    I was told from a very reliable source, the Aussies had upped their bid to 40.5m, this was matched by the Saudis soon after. I'm not saying this is 100% correct, but i would be surprised if this was off the mark.
  • Options
    Get me a noose... it gets worse...

Redhenry

Insomnia here too! My questions for anyone itk and in particular @Redhenry and @Airman Brown .

1) Is Varney behind the failed Saudi bid?
    2) Is there a business link (other than Jiminez), between Kevin Cash and Mike Ashley?

Sorry if the answers may seem obvious to others.

The Saudis did try and get Varney on board but he declined. Don't know the answer to your other question.
  • Options
    I thought the Saudis thing was a load of bollocks? No proof was given.
  • Options
    The last CAFC 'takeover' is an object lesson to the EFL of how NOT to do it ..
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I'd sooner support us in the lower leagues, scrimping to get by, rather than see us become a marketing ploy for arguably the most evil regime on the planet. Finding out they nearly bought us feels like a dodged bullet to me. 
    Yeah...two finger upright to European nights of  football. Let’s all stick to grass roots Boot it up the field and run after the ball tactics. It maybe boring as fuck but at least our moral fibre is intact. And while we are at it, let’s kick into touch bribery and corruption then we can be called the lily whites

this ain’t Rock n Roll This is suicide 🙂
  • Options
    I really would not be happy to be owned by someone from a nation that  beheads people in public(unless it was Southall),and stones gay people to death.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I do know is that Newcastle United will soon become the most hated club in England.

If you think about that, you have to be glad it's not us, surely?

No point winning trophies when you know that your team has no respect. Where's the honour and glory, in that?
  • Options
    Id take it

@Redhenry can you confirm this mob were looking at us?
  • Options
    What I do know is that Newcastle United will soon become the most hated club in England.

If you think about that, you have to be glad it's not us, surely?

No point winning trophies when you know that your team has no respect. Where's the honour and glory, in that?
    I'd love to be winning and hated... couldn't care less what people who have loaded it over us for years would say. We've tried the honest development approach, and we got it right, until we got it wrong, and we almost made it, Scot Parker being the pivot that began the decline. 

If we had sold at that point to a billionaire we would be in a very different position now, obviously. 

Now, to even get near the premier league you need a VERY RICH owner, who is ready to lose 20 million-plus a year, just to be in with a chance of going up, so one of them would be nice too. 

• Options
    I didn't like Parker with his decision but it was out fault for managing it incorrectly. We could have replaced him more effectively. The decline started by employing Dowie in order to have a swipe at Jordan.
    If anything we were lording it over Palace, for example by singing that stupid 'we sent the Palace down' song, and then they got their revenge on us.

Who has been lording it over us?

We had a year prior  to Curbishley leaving to get in a decent assistant manager with view to becoming manager.

None of this justifies having immoral owners and feeling good about it.

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    If I am not mistaken @Redhenry alluded to a Saudi Consortium that had bid 44.5 million to takeover the club. I am also sure that someone else had mentioned at the time that this group had possible links to royalty. Is this the point when I go into meltdown realising that we could have been owned by a sovereign wealth fund of over 350 billion, or am I putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5?
    it was the Saudi Prince. I know the person that introduced his people to the club.
  • Options
    How depressing... It couple have all been so different
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Solidgone said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I'd sooner support us in the lower leagues, scrimping to get by, rather than see us become a marketing ploy for arguably the most evil regime on the planet. Finding out they nearly bought us feels like a dodged bullet to me. 
    Yeah...two finger upright to European nights of  football. Let’s all stick to grass roots Boot it up the field and run after the ball tactics. It maybe boring as fuck but at least our moral fibre is intact. And while we are at it, let’s kick into touch bribery and corruption then we can be called the lily whites

this ain’t Rock n Roll This is suicide 🙂
    It's the ethnic mass murder bordering on genocide in Yemen that would bring me down as the Champions League anthem played.

It's great to have a center back pairing of Ismaila and Navy Sarr tonight but a kid just died of starvation. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
     European nights of  football.
    You are very easily bought. 
  • Options
    Got me sold, too