Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plant identification

Can you identify this plant. Suggested a dusty miller?

Comments

• Options
    not Robert is it ?

• Options
    @Solidgone - judging by the invisible illustration, I'm guessing it's a ghost orchid!
  • Options
    Very dusty I can’t c it
  • Options
    It's a nasty looking little weed. 
    I think it's called a Southall 
  • Options

• Options
    dry it out, skin it up and smoke it .. let's know if you get a buzz
  • Options
    no idea what the plant is but thanks for starting this thread as its been a lot more fun than Bonkers Shenanigans or Covid
  • Options
    Have you tried the plant identifier app?
    Think it’s called PictureThis, it’s been getting a lot of publicity the past week or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have you tried the plant identifier app?
    Think it’s called PictureThis, it’s been getting a lot of publicity the past week or so.
    I thought the plant was called PictureThis 😀
  • Options
    Could be a licorice plant ??
  • Options
    Difficult to tell without any flowers, but I think it may be a member of the potentilla family - perhaps potentilla anserina (silverweed)
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Checked Picture this and Blonde said the leaves are not the same as Dusty Miller or Licorice. 🧐
  • Options
    Perhaps a Mimosa Pudica?  AKA Sensitive plant - the leaves fold up if you touch them.
  • Options
    Can anyone give me a clue what this little shrub is? Found it growing amongst nettles in a neglected part of the garden (ie the garden). About eighteen inches high, I have no idea whether it ever flowers. I've been in this house five years and never even noticed it. But then I found a ten foot ladder behind the shed at the weekend as well.

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Can anyone give me a clue what this little shrub is? Found it growing amongst nettles in a neglected part of the garden (ie the garden). About eighteen inches high, I have no idea whether it ever flowers. I've been in this house five years and never even noticed it. But then I found a ten foot ladder behind the shed at the weekend as well.

Possibly Cherry Laurel?
  • Options
    Camillia
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tried that app: it's a camellia, apparently.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Perhaps a Mimosa Pudica?  AKA Sensitive plant - the leaves fold up if you touch them.
    It certainly looks like it. Thanks @cafcfan
  • Options
    First looks like a mimosa.  Second is definitely camellia. Feed it with old tea leaves - seriously. 
  • Options
    I used that app to ID a weed in my garden I have spent 5 days removing but it grows back just as quick.  Small top, huge roots.  It is some form of Strawberry weed.  No idea how I will get rid as it has got everywhere
  • Options
    Love figuring out what plants are as they pop up I my garden. I should really draw a map so I can remember what is planted where.