Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV Licence...?

Does it not automatically renew anymore? Just got an email saying it expires tomorrow. Never had to do anything to renew before.

Comments

• Options
    Check that it’s not a scam. I’ve been getting these lately. 
  • Options
    There is a reported scam doing exactly that. Mine was automatically renewed as normal.
  • Options
    it’s a scam. Natwest are warning customers about it. 
  • Options
    My mum got the same email, when she checked she said the license numbers didn't even match.
  • Options
    Yes...just checked google and there are a lot these going round. It is incredibly authentic......probably the best I have seen. 
  • Options
    As others say, check that it isn't a scam. Just to say that ours isn't automatically renewed but we receive an email two weeks before the end of the month that it is due and I then pay by card.
  • Options
    Ironically I've just received a genuine email saying I'm covered for 12 months. 
  • Options
    Had a scam one and a real one in the last month. Mine does not renew automatically 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    If it's this one it's a scam. 

I don't use that email for anything other than social media, newsletters and prawn sites.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Here's the official email.
    A convincing fake in a very quick turnaround to clone format etc.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The real TV Licence renewal email includes a bit of your postcode to prove it's real, so keep an eye out for that