Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship final day: what would've happened?

edited May 2020 in General Charlton
Just a bit of fun,  but this weekend would of been our final game of the season, we may never get to know?

My prediction is that it would of been a bit of a dead rubber with us already relegated and Leeds confirmed champions.

Comments

• Stay up by a point with a late run of results
  • We need to win to stay up, Leeds need a win to secure one of the two outright promotion spots.
    At the end of scrappy, nervous football with few chances, Naby steps up in the 95th minute to bury a free-kick with his sweet left foot from 30 yards out, with no time to restart the game.
    A pitch invasion follows and running battles then ensue in the streets around Elland Road.

Nurse! NURSE!!
  • For perfect symmetry it would have ment Leeds' last Premier league game would have been 16 years before thier last game out of it. Against the same team. 
  • Leeds were already up and us safe, but worrying about a points deduction to undo all the good work Bowyer did, as the background shenanigans still not resolved. 
  • edited May 2020
    CH4RLTON said:
    Just a bit of fun,  but this weekend would of been our final game of the season, we may never get to know?

My prediction is that it would of been a bit of a dead rubber with us already relegated and Leeds confirmed champions.
    Or at best we had to win but Leeds roll us over.

We have got lucky now but it has only prolonged the inevitable as I am sure a points deduction is a certainty which will seal a relegation before the season has started.

• Please please please change the title. HAVE...what would HAVE happened.....
    You see it so often!
  • edited May 2020
    We'd have gone down.

Leeds would have gone up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have been down weeks ago, we were awful before the league stopped and didn't look like turning it around.
  • One of our central defenders would have scored with four minutes to goal, keeping us up and keeping Leeds down.

A small corner of the ground celebrates.

The Leeds fans are angry and chase the Charlton fans onto their coaches.

History repeats itself just as it did in 2019.

It's a shame we weren't really allowed our  inevitable glory.
  • One of our central defenders would have scored with four minutes to goal, keeping us up and keeping Leeds down.

A small corner of the ground celebrates.

The Leeds fans are angry and chase the Charlton fans onto their coaches.

History repeats itself just as it did in 2019.

It's a shame we weren't really allowed our  inevitable glory.
    1987 was still very enjoyable, the joy of getting back to Euston unscathed was as much of a relief as us staying up.

It must have been the last time I did not have a drink after a game!
  • They’re doing this on Sky Sports online at the moment. 
    Bonne put us ahead on 52 mins to draw us level on points with Boro who are fourth bottom with a one goal better GD.
    Sarr has just given a needless penalty away though which Leeds converted.
    Bonne put us ahead on 52 mins to draw us level on points with Boro who are fourth bottom with a one goal better GD.
    So they’re running a simulation thing? What utter nonsense. Maybe i’m a miserable git but this has annoyed me
    So they’re running a simulation thing? What utter nonsense. Maybe i’m a miserable git but this has annoyed me
    Yes, replicating match updates as would normally happen on a Saturday. Leeds down to ten men.
  • Our best chance would have been if Leeds had won promotion/the title already, and their players were either mentally on the beach or saving themselves for the Euros...
  • Having got clear of relegation, Bowyer put the kids out. A 90th minute winner by an unknown 14 year old scuppers Leeds promotion aspirations.
  • Sponsored links:

• That'll do, lol
  • please change the title - what would HAVE happened.....The Charlton grammar police are already grinding their teeth ...
    And still not changed.
  • I'd of been well P!ssed by now.
  • Now I'm sad I'm missing that when it hasn't even happened.
  • Now I'm sad I'm missing that when it hasn't even happened.
    Don’t worry, not seeing @clb74 pissed isn’t much of a miss. 
  • please change the title - what would HAVE happened.....The Charlton grammar police are already grinding their teeth ...
    And still not changed.
    There should also be a colon after the word day. 
    It's a disgrace. 
    I'm absolutely disgusted.
    Call the police.
  • clb74 said:
    I'd of been well P!ssed by now.
    is this a wind up??
  • For the love of God admin, PLEASE fix the title!
    You see it so often!
    Drives me mental when I get WhatsApps from the kids using 'of' instead of 'have'.......God,I'm getting old! :D
    You see it so often!
    Drives me mental when I get WhatsApps from the kids using 'of' instead of 'have'.......God,I'm getting old! :D
    Nothing to do with getting old - just understandable disappointment at the inability of people to get the basics right...