Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

American Style Fridge Freezer

thinking of getting one as the spare fridge in the garage is old and needs replacing plus I’d like ice and cold water on tap. Don’t really want to go to the trouble and expense of a plumbed one so wondered if anyone had one with a built in water tank and if so does it work well and what make and would you recommend. Been looking at a Hisense one, about £800.

Comments

• I've got an LG American F/F in the kitchen - tank rather than plumbed for ice and cold water.

Similar to this one: https://tinyurl.com/ydg783f2

A bit more than the Hisense but you get what you pay for and I've no complaints whatsoever about it.

• I got given a plumbed in one as part of the house I bought 15 years ago. It’s a Samsung. 

It’s ni Ed twice between houses since then. 

In the current house, the pipe had to go through the back of a chimney breast in the kitchen, round the back of the kitchen units and then finally to the kitchen sink, it was a bit of a faff at the time and maybe took a day to sort out. It’s still going strong though with ice and chilled filtered water which, when on occasions it freezes up, I really miss.

if you can find a way to run the 2mm plastic tube round from your nearest water supply to the garage, I would recommend doing that.