Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wealth, shown to scale

Came across this today - compares wealth of the average person (in the US) to various other measures. Thought it might be of interest to some.

Amazing to get a visualisation of the scale of the differences.

It is a bit of a rabbit hole once you start scrolling...

https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/?fbclid=IwAR2Y8HrmjqWoRPG1YWyGkyPwwiFRt5epzTtQM4YwV_ZCDQ_KFj0z8k_8h7g

Comments

• Brilliant way to show the iniquity of unrestrained capitalism.
  • But is he happy?
  • The other week some jealous person complained he only donated 100m toward coronavirus research.

• MrOneLung said:
    The other week some jealous person complained he only donated 100m toward coronavirus research.

And they could do that every day for 136,000 days - so every day of over 5 life times and they'd still have money to spare. Mad when it is all put in perspective
  • This only told me that a million is 1,000 times as much as a thousand and that a billion is 1,000 times as much as a million and that Jeff Bezos have a massive amount of cash if he sold his shares in Amazon. What was most interesting is that they use the median for the average US citizen's wealth (c.$65K). When I checked, that is accurate but the mean is $432K, showing just how unequal a society the US is (the UK's figures are $97K and $280K, France is similar). 
  • Amazing that we have been conditioned to look up to these people. They literally have the power of life or death in their hands, and they choose death. I include the billionaires of the world in this, not just those in the USA.    
  • So, all you're really telling me is that a billion is a really big number.

Thanks.

Thanks.
    Every day's a school day - I can set you some more place value work if you need it?

Thanks.
    Is it that big? Keeps the NHS running for 3 days.

These people don't actually have enough money to make much difference. We all need to work together to find a way to do that.

It's the power the money gives them to organise everything for their own benefit that is wrong.
  • Don't show this to Lyle Taylor.
  • Sponsored links:

Thanks.
    If you read the details in the graphic, it tells you an awful lot more than that golfie. 
  • Read a survey of world debt which is quantifiable, but they could only find 75% of corresponding wealth, suggesting that 25% is in tax-free havens.