Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which car, from TV or the movies, would you most like to own?

Comments

• Options
    This
  • Options
    Good choice, Muttley, but I'd get rid of those crap spoilers.
  • Options
    Mr Bean's Mini, or failing that, "crater face's" car from Grease
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I must admit, I preferred the smoother lined later version, but not sure if it was in a film. Giugiaro is the greatest designer who ever lived and I have always been a Lotus fan.

I'd get rid of the skis as well.
  • Options
    This
    Surely it should be this?

• Options
    I love that car too. I was devastated in the episode where it won and was disqualified. And it always frustrated me why Dastardly was about to win but had to stop to scupper his rivals. He really held Muttley back, the bastard.
  • Options
    I must admit, I preferred the smoother lined later version, but not sure if it was in a film. Giugiaro is the greatest designer who ever lived and I have always been a Lotus fan.

Likewise a big Lotus fan and Giugiaro is certainly a candidate for the greatest, purely for the breadth of his work - but I would put Gandini (Miura) and Sayer (E-Type) up there as well.
  • Options
    Great Fan of Sayer, not only for the 'E' type, but his previous work , as well as the XJ 13, tragic that he died so early. 

• Options
    The Bangbus
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Bond's Aston Martin from Goldfinger(?), the one with the ejector seat.  There are quite a few other road users I could with offing now and again so the machine guns and oil slick would be really useful.

Morse's Jag - it's beautiful.

The DeLorean - who wouldn't want to be able to time travel?

Bond's Bentley from OHMSS - it won Le Mans at least once, maybe twice, possibly even thrice.

All those are great cars but there's only really one.  Steve McQueen's Mustang.  As said above, he was the epitome of cool and that car would make me just as cool.  I'd have the totty flocking round me.  And then I'd wake up.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Likewise a big Lotus fan and Giugiaro is certainly a candidate for the greatest, purely for the breadth of his work - but I would put Gandini (Miura) and Sayer (E-Type) up there as well.
    The greatest designer whoever lived is Reginald Joseph Mitchell CBE, FRAeS and if you're British and you don't know who he is, you should be ashamed of yourself - go and look him up NOW!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

The greatest designer whoever lived is Reginald Joseph Mitchell CBE, FRAeS and if you're British and you don't know who he is, you should be ashamed of yourself - go and look him up NOW!

We are discussing automobiles!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

We are discussing automobiles!!
    There's a great CL tradition of taking threads off topic.
  • Options
    Bond's Aston Martin from Goldfinger(?), the one with the ejector seat.  There are quite a few other road users I could with offing now and again so the machine guns and oil slick would be really useful.

Morse's Jag - it's beautiful.

The DeLorean - who wouldn't want to be able to time travel?

Bond's Bentley from OHMSS - it won Le Mans at least once, maybe twice, possibly even thrice.

All those are great cars but there's only really one.  Steve McQueen's Mustang.  As said above, he was the epitome of cool and that car would make me just as cool.  I'd have the totty flocking round me.  And then I'd wake up.
    Sgt Lewis had a different view:  Whately said: "I detested that Jag. It was an ex-stunt car that had been written off several times and really should have been on the scrapheap."  
  • Options
    For those of you who remember a TV program called 'Hazel' I would love to have had his Triumph Stag soft top. Always wanted one and then in 1979 my mate, way back then,  went and bought one in Royal Blue, I was so envious as I was driving around in an old mini on an original C plate!!
  • Options
    ...anything Bond has driven
    2CV? 
  • Options
    The Ferrari from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
  • Options
    Shut it!

For me, the Ford Consul from The Sweeney.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The DB5 from Goldfinger. The ejector seat would come in handy to quickly dump a bird.
    Bullet proof shield handy for Millwall game.
  • Options
    The one-off white Toyota 2000GT made for the James Bond film "You only Live twice".  A classic sports car.  Based on the Toyota coupe they sold at the time but only made (I believe) 6 convertibles.
  • Options
    Didn't appear in a film to my knowledge but movie connection.

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/news/grab-some-50s-glamour-ava-gardners-facel-vega

• Options
    Terry McCanns Capri from Minder. Geezers Car!
  • Options
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang would be high up on the list as well. Loved the film and had the Corgi Toy as a kid. That got ruined but bought myself a mint one with all the characters and working wings a few years ago. Sat in the original one at a car show about 20 years ago, it was owned by the guy who drove it in the film and used to show it to raise money for charity. It was sold a few years ago and moved to the states. It was also displayed outside the old toilets between The Woodman and the old Shell garage in Blackfen when I was very young. I was old enough to be amazed though. 
    Was chatting to a friend who's a couple of years older than me yesterday and he confirmed that it was displayed in Blackfen. Although I was pretty sure I'd seen I there, I'd always wondered whether it was just a figment of my very young imagination.   
  • Options
    I seem to be getting nearer one of those little blue things that used to park round Chelsea's pitch. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    As a family we should be allowed two cars:

I'd like Rory the Racing Car because it comes with a chauffeur to taxi the kids about during the week. For the weekend, we'd use Peppa Pig's car so that we could have picnics with speaking animals at the top of absurdly shaped hills 
  • Options
    my top 5

• Options
    Youre Nicked - Restored Sweeney Consul Heads To NEC Classic -
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Youre Nicked - Restored Sweeney Consul Heads To NEC Classic -
    The seventies equivalent of a Chrysler 300.
    I wonder what driving one of those now would feel like compared to a modern car. Probably tremendously slow, thirsty and with feeble brakes.
    Always liked them though.