Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Protecting the future of Charlton Athletic +++

edited April 2020 in General Charlton
Statement from CAST regarding ongoing developments at our club

https://www.castrust.org/2020/04/protecting-the-future-of-charlton-athletic/

Comments

• Options
    will be interesting to read the replies lies in response to the latest questions.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Very good statement, and timely.

One small typo, 'apprising'.
  • Options
    This is good and something that we cannot let up in our effort to save the club. We must all pull together and drive home the message that we the fans will not go lightly into the darkness without a fight. 
  • Options

Apprising is correct. We checked !

• Options

Good statement, encourage everyone to read it.

Really hopeful that everyone can pull together from this point forward.

This looks like its going to be a hard enough run ahead without infighting and divisions muddying the waters further. That is one key lesson learned from the Duchatelet era protests.

We are all Charlton and we all need to stand together.

Agree with every word of that.

I joined cast in Bartram's on the first night it was open to members and I'm still very supportive.
    The (cast) statement gives hope for the future and helps lift my morale, which truth be told was starting to drop.
  • Options
    Excellent & much needed statement.

In CAS(we)Trust ! 
  • Options
    castrust said:

Apprising is correct. We checked !

My apologies! 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you CAST.
  • Options
    I'm seriously considering becoming a member, but I do have some concerns about these plans for potential fan ownership. I appreciate it is early days, but if you could go into some more detail about this it would be greatly appreciated.

My main concern is how the structure would work, and who the people in charge would actually be.

Thanks
  • Options
    Great statement, with clear goals expressed. Great to see CAST leading this. Maybe worth putting a link up in here and across social media on joining. 
  • Options
    Good statement, I will be becoming a member tonight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if there is any avenue to take to report Southall to the authorities, so he can explain the disappearance of £1.8m in Club funds?
  • Options
    Just signed up 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I'm seriously considering becoming a member, but I do have some concerns about these plans for potential fan ownership. I appreciate it is early days, but if you could go into some more detail about this it would be greatly appreciated.

My main concern is how the structure would work, and who the people in charge would actually be.

Thanks
    I don’t really see how any more details could be provided at this point and, if they could, would we really want to give the strategy away before we’re ready to play our hand?
    Explaining the structure of hiw it would work is hardly giving away a strategy before you are ready to play your hand.

I think it's a fair question along with who the stakeholders are 
  • Options
    Joined for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I understand the points of concern about the trust. But this is the main vehicle for anything to be done around the company model if this is indeed possible. There is absolutely a place for CL and other fans forums, but for a fiver give 'em a chance to get something done . Christ we need it!
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    se9addick said:

Thanks
    I don’t really see how any more details could be provided at this point and, if they could, would we really want to give the strategy away before we’re ready to play our hand?
    Explaining the structure of hiw it would work is hardly giving away a strategy before you are ready to play your hand.

I think it's a fair question along with who the stakeholders are 
    This is the stuff that takes a little bit of time to investigate and get up and running. We have done lots of groundwork but ultimately you only have one chance to get it right and time it right - if it becomes necessary. 

Our governance and details on board members are all on www.castrust.org. I hope there's enough on there to persuade people to part with £5 for annual membership. 

Many thanks to those who have joined / rejoined.
    For the record my post wasnt meant as a criticism.

Fully understand that setting up something like this is both complex and time consuming
  • Options
    No problem @cafc999.