Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One World concert

Did anyone else watch the One World concert on TV last night??

Why were all the songs so depressing when the world needs a lift? I felt the whole thing needed to be more upbeat. 

& what the hell was up with Elton John?? I thought he was having a stroke!! I'm Dill Danding!!

WTF was that??? Time to call it a day Elton!

Comments

• I saw some of it, thought it was supposed to be via web cam links etc, Elton John had about 3 moving cameras in his garden ?!?!
  • It was interesting how some of the artists had very basic set ups, where J Lo's looked like a professional video shoot!
  • Eddie Vedder was the pick of the crop for me. Do love love a bit of Pearl Jam
  • edited April 2020
    Elton  hasn’t been able to pronounce his “s’es” for years.  Listen to any live recording from about the 80s.  But last night he just sounded generally terrible. 
  • Saw a few little snippets.

Elton did sound awful which was a shame as I'm normally a big fan of his.

John Legend was good, just a shame they kept having Sam Smith's caterwauling interrupting him.

Charlie Watts aim drumming was class.

• It was interesting how some of the artists had very basic set ups, where J Lo's looked like a professional video shoot!
    There was not much Zoom set ups. Most acts must have had full film crews and set designers as well as post production on sound. I know that the Rolling Stones was pre-recorded and subsequently mixed.
  • Separate from the One World Concert, the excellent Neil Hannon and his band did this excellent performance completely remotely, which was far better than many of the performances in that show, and much "purer" too than say the Stones performance where clearly the drums, bass and keyboards were a pre record. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TvOIT4dLLo&t=20s

• edited April 2020
    got 3 tickets for elton john in november FFS

saw him live in vegas 3 years ago at ceasers palace in vegas and he was quite good. 
  • edited April 2020
    Macca sounded shot to pieces and Elton sounded like he was auditioning for shooting stars 

https://youtu.be/MRwgNtv29ig
  • For anyone that hasn't seen it.  Dreadful 

https://youtu.be/NCLagU-dr9A
  • Sponsored links:

• Did anyone else watch the One World concert on TV last night??

Why were all the songs so depressing when the world needs a lift? I felt the whole thing needed to be more upbeat. 

& what the hell was up with Elton John?? I thought he was having a stroke!! I'm Dill Danding!!

WTF was that??? Time to call it a day Elton!
    This comment about EJ made me chuckle - the new lyrics for me now!
  • Elton John sounded like chef from South Park, and I'm probably the only one on here who enjoyed it. Bashing it out like an old turn past its best. Good for him.
  • edited April 2020
    The one whose voice is totally gone now is Paul McCartney. Elton is hanging on well compared to him. Macca has barely been able to sing a note for a few years now.

I liked the clip of Charlie Puth who was the only one giving a genuine lockdown performance - on a laptop in his bedroom so with a pile of clothes lying on the unmade bed in the background
  • Elton had a piano is his front drive but managed to sound like he had an organ in his back passage
  • edited April 2020
    Does anyone reckon he was on something?
    He seemed very exciteable.