Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer coming on Talksport soon...

currently 12.20, will be on in next 20 mins

Comments

• Should be past his bedtime normally for a Friday night, I'd imagine, but now isn't normal.
  • Will you be doing a match thread?
  • And mine! 
  • You mean it's 12.29 at night?

I'd kinda lost track........
  • On now 
  • Let me know when they stop talking about fucking dirty Leeds .....
  • Anything interesting?
  • Taylor defo going by the sounds of it 
  • Not really
  • Anyone got a link for this, had a look myself but can't see anything
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone able to summarise what was said?

It’s obvious Taylor is going, during this time he is very likely to have been speaking to a number of clubs and his agent would have told him x, y, and z have all said they’ll sign you and they’re likely to either be in the Premier League or heading that way. If the season doesn’t get finished, Taylor has played his last game for us.
  • Anyone got a link for this, had a look myself but can't see anything
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1587157200/1587166200/   Starts about 01.30
  • We also can't keep Taylor because we have no idea who is paying the bills and if "wage paying" is something we can even do moving forward.
  • clive said:
    Anyone got a link for this, had a look myself but can't see anything
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1587157200/1587166200/   Starts about 01.30
    Cheers @Clive mate
  • Was a good piece, worth a listen. Was on for about 20 mins
  • Yep thanks for posting the link. Just listened to it.

Bowyer talks a lot of sense. Comes across very well, not heard him speak for such a long time before. We are very lucky to have had him and to have him as a manager. 

My brief summary of the main points most of which not new:

Players who give it all on the pitch and work together can beat teams with higher quality players

we have a budget about a third less than luton

been even more difficult to manage since January after being promised funds to build and then instead being in trader embargo

having all the issues out in public not helped

taylor almost certain to go in June to a club that will make him up for life aged 30

Very difficult, almost impossible to se bow season can finish as COVID-19 not going away to allow training in May, games unlikely to be possible even behind closed doors in June and contract issues like Taylor (but also we have 5 (maybe 6) loans and 9 others out of contract who won’t be giving 100% after then as they know they will be let go.

If Southall weren't around the Luton manager may have been right in the first place
  • ‘we have a budget about a third less than luton’

I know it was only a few, but It still makes me shake my head there were some fans calling for him to be sacked before the season was stopped. Ridiculous.

Fortunately Bowyer continually recognises how good the wider support has been. 
    @Covered End always thinks I'm joking when I talk about Bowyer
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Yep thanks for posting the link. Just listened to it.

Bowyer talks a lot of sense. Comes across very well, not heard him speak for such a long time before. We are very lucky to have had him and to have him as a manager. 

Players who give it all on the pitch and work together can beat teams with higher quality players

been even more difficult to manage since January after being promised funds to build and then instead being in trader embargo

taylor almost certain to go in June to a club that will make him up for life aged 30

Very difficult, almost impossible to se bow season can finish as COVID-19 not going away to allow training in May, games unlikely to be possible even behind closed doors in June and contract issues like Taylor (but also we have 5 (maybe 6) loans and 9 others out of contract who won’t be giving 100% after then as they know they will be let go.

If Southall weren't around the Luton manager may have been right in the first place
    Nope, now Southall done what he did, we are very, very quickly running out of money, hence why we might not even be able to pay the wages soon.

If you isolate that money spent as a percentage of our budget, I think you’d be shocked how little our budget is/was for this division. As far as I was aware, it’s less than a third of the leagues average.

It’s that which makes people at the club even more angry about what’s happened. 

There were clubs in League One this season with a budget greater than ours.
    That's basically what I meant mate
  • Sage said:
    Yep thanks for posting the link. Just listened to it.

Nope, now Southall done what he did, we are very, very quickly running out of money, hence why we might not even be able to pay the wages soon.

If you isolate that money spent as a percentage of our budget, I think you’d be shocked how little our budget is/was for this division. As far as I was aware, it’s less than a third of the leagues average.

It’s that which makes people at the club even more angry about what’s happened. 

There were clubs in League One this season with a budget greater than ours.
    That's basically what I meant mate
    Apologies, I thought you meant something else. Either way it’s a disgrace what’s happened and it’s amazing that Bowyer has made us competitive throughout the season. It would be completely unjust on the work Bow and the staff have done if we were relegated without seeing out the rest of the season. 
  • clb74 said:
    ‘we have a budget about a third less than luton’

I know it was only a few, but It still makes me shake my head there were some fans calling for him to be sacked before the season was stopped. Ridiculous.

Shame on @Covered End
  • Hope he's still here come the end of all this
  • I hope CAFC is still here come the end of all this.
  • clb74 said:

Shame on @Covered End
    I haven't the slightest clue what you two are going on about.
  • He came across really well - straightforward and honest. 

I was a bit concerned when he said he'd been talking to "someone" about how his two years' experience was more like ten, with all he had gone through. Hope he is not being tapped up but wouldn't be a surprise. Mind you, it may have been Southall so better not to mention him by name.

He was v positive about the fans being understanding and supportive.

He also said he wished the "shenanigans" had remained behind closed doors.
  • clb74 said:

Shame on @Covered End
    I haven't the slightest clue what you two are going on about.
    It’s clear for all to see 
  • Sage said:
    Anyone able to summarise what was said?

It’s obvious Taylor is going, during this time he is very likely to have been speaking to a number of clubs and his agent would have told him x, y, and z have all said they’ll sign you and they’re likely to either be in the Premier League or heading that way. If the season doesn’t get finished, Taylor has played his last game for us.
    unless there is a solution to the contract conundrum, it sounds that way and it almost seems he'll go with Bowyer's blessing or at least with his total understanding
  • If there was any serious money available, securing your decent goal scoring striker on a new deal would not be such an issue. Yes, it may break a wage structure, but our squad is not blessed with the talent that Lyle possesses, so on balance you would hope would accept it. This is the first proper signal to me that there really is no money to play with, current situation aside.

I just hope the 30/6 contract situation is sorted for all clubs if the season is to be played out behind closed doors, as we need his goals to stand a fighting chance of surviving.