Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP THREADS

We dont need one for everyone who dies, there are five on the opening page. Unless its Charlton related can we just put them all in one thread?
It's getting like an obituary section in a local newspaper. I'm not cold hearted, just think there are way too many.

Comments

• Sounds harsh but I’m in agreement. 
  • Absolutely agree, it was silly when football was on, let alone now
  • So RIP to the RIP threads....why not do more we don't like especially the political ones.
  • PopIcon said:
    We dont need one for everyone who dies, there are five on the opening page. Unless its Charlton related can we just put them all in one thread?
    It's getting like an obituary section in a local newspaper. I'm not cold hearted, just think there are way too many.
    I have to say I agree. I think some just spend all their time looking at the obituaries column.

I mean why do celebs and the like get special treatment, is their death any more tragic than my next door neighbour?

Why don’t we have a R I P thread for all the probable thousands that die every day around the globe?
  • So RIP to the RIP threads....why not do more we don't like especially the political ones.
    Eh? You’re bang into the political ones! 
  • Sponsored links:

• If there was more going on in the world perhaps there wouldn't be five on one page. A lot of those that have sadly passed away are part of many growing up for many of us and paying respects for some is the right thing to do.

There are still 45 other threads to look at on the page too so ignoring 10% of them shouldn't be that much of an issue should it?
    And they are currently numbers 6, 22, 24, 43 & 50. The last named are two that are Charlton related and the first three are a former England goalkeeper, one of the greatest racing drivers there has ever been and someone who was a comic genius to many. And all three of those died in the last 24 hours.
    My point remains the same. Everyone who dies is special to some one. With all the COVID19 threads and the RIP threads it's become a bit morose and gloomy on here, I think the rest of the media have those angles covered.

Maybe you're the guy who loves a RIP thread.

That's all I have to say on this.
  • On balance I'd say I don't have a problem with them each being their own thread.  If it's for someone who meant something to me, I might open it and I might make a comment, otherwise I'll leave an RIP thread to die a death.
  • Probably best for me to keep out of this one  ;)
  • I love the RIP threads
  • It is pretty evident what the RIP threads are. If you see somebody that was part of your life and you want to pay respects, what is the problem? If you don't, don't open the thread surely.
    Because you can still see the thread title, it can turn the place from what is (normally) a football forum to an obituaries section. 
  • RIP, RIP threads?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    It is pretty evident what the RIP threads are. If you see somebody that was part of your life and you want to pay respects, what is the problem? If you don't, don't open the thread surely.
    Because you can still see the thread title, it can turn the place from what is (normally) a football forum to an obituaries section. 
    We’re in the middle of a pandemic. Lots of people are currently dying and there is no new football on the tv. Hardly surprising? 
    So, as the OP suggests, why not have a single thread (unless Charlton related)? That way we can use all the other threads for arguing about politics. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    It is pretty evident what the RIP threads are. If you see somebody that was part of your life and you want to pay respects, what is the problem? If you don't, don't open the thread surely.
    We’re in the middle of a pandemic. Lots of people are currently dying and there is no new football on the tv. Hardly surprising? 
    So, as the OP suggests, why not have a single thread (unless Charlton related)? That way we can use all the other threads for arguing about politics. 
    Give it time, this will turn into a politics thread soon enough, some people always find a way ;)
  • edited April 2020
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    There is one. @AFKABartram started it a few days ago. But people aren’t using it. 

Or maybe people who want to add their thoughts/memories about a recently deceased person don’t think it should go in a grouped post. Each to their own.  

• Long live RIP Threads

• se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    There is one. @AFKABartram started it a few days ago. But people aren’t using it. 

Or maybe people who want to add their thoughts/memories about a recently deceased person don’t think it should go in a grouped post. Each to their own.  

There'd be arguments then about Kenny Rogers never being in the Goodies
  • Huskaris said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Give it time, this will turn into a politics thread soon enough, some people always find a way ;)
    Hence my comment at the start.....
  • PopIcon said:
    I would have struggled to cope without the one concerning the original actress that played Peggy Mitchell in Eastenders 
  • I have no problem with them. I do have a problem with "reality TV" threads, so I just ignore them. 
    Same