Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football quiz question - bugging me

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Jimmy Case ?
    Not with Brady.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    @Rock Spectacle is banned from this one. 

No Charlton connection. 

A player who played with George Best, Liam Brady and Alan Shearer. 
    Can we have a clue?
  • Options
    Beardsley?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Richard J said:
    @Rock Spectacle is banned from this one. 

No Charlton connection. 

A player who played with George Best, Liam Brady and Alan Shearer. 
    Can we have a clue?
    The links are West Ham, Fulham and Blackburn. 

Sorry to hijack Richard! 
  • Options
    Tony Gale?
  • Options
    Tony Gale?
    Winner, winner chicken dinner.
  • Options
    Tony Gale?
    Winner, winner chicken dinner.
    LOL, was waiting for someone to say the prize is a meal for two and a luxury hotel break - must be taken this week.
  • Options
    Tony Gale?
    Congratulations, I didn't know he played with Shearer.
  • Options
    Tony Gale?
    Was part of the Blackburn team that won the Premier League
  • Options
    Tony Gale?
    West Ham was the clue for me, I forgot Brady went there, saw him play against us around 1988 I think. Another cup exit if I recall.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paul Dickov
    Arsenal 
    Blackburn
    Man City
    Leicester

He also played for Leeds who were the last team to win Division 1 in pre-Prem days. 
  • Options
    Did Tony Gale actually play in a match with George Best though?
  • Options
    Complete the sequences 

2004 TH, 2002 TH, 1998 DB, ???? ?? (Need the year and the initials - as well as telling us why the answer is what it is)

2 years SB, 3 years NV & WR, 6 years GN, ? ????? ??  (Need the number of years and the initials - as well as telling us why the answer is what it is)

2010 - Standard Chartered, 1992 Carlsberg, 1988 Candy, 1982 ? (Need the answer)

2001 Owen x2, 1999 Scholes & Sheringham, 1997 Di Matteo & Newton, ???? ? (Need the year and the answer) 

hope it makes sense :-) 
  • Options

Crown paints ? 
  • Options
    2001 Owen x2, 1999 Scholes & Sheringham, 1997 Di Matteo & Newton, ???? ? (Need the year and the answer) 

1995 Paul Rideout ? 
  • Options

2 years SB, 3 years NV & WR, 6 years GN, ? ????? ??  (Need the number of years and the initials - as well as telling us why the answer is what it is)

Man Utd captains under Ferguson
    gonna guess 4 EC
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Crown paints ? 
    MrOneLung said:

1995 Paul Rideout ? 
    Yes.  Liverpool shirt sponsors

yes.  FA Cup final goal scorers 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

gonna guess 4 EC
    Yes to Man Utd Captains, no to the answer I was looking for 
  • Options
    4RK
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

gonna guess 4 EC
    Reckon you're close. If it was just captains there would be more, like Bryan Robson for example. I think they're the title winning captains under Fergie . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Complete the sequences 

2004 TH, 2002 TH, 1998 DB, ???? ?? (Need the year and the initials - as well as telling us why the answer is what it is)

The top one looks like Arsenal title wins in reverse order with,  I'm guessing, their leading scorer. So I'd guess at 1991 and AS for Alan Smith. 
  • Options
    The numbers don’t add up. 
    2+3+3+6 is already 14 and they only won 13 titles 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Complete the sequences 

The top one looks like Arsenal title wins in reverse order with,  I'm guessing, their leading scorer. So I'd guess at 1991 and AS for Alan Smith. 
    Yes - top bins 
  • Options
    I think it's only 2 + 3 + 6. Vidic and Rooney sharing captain duties in those 3 seasons ( I'm guessing)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Not number of titles won, but years as captain under Fergie.  You were right with Roy Keane, but the number of years was 8 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Not number of titles won, but years as captain under Fergie.  You were right with Roy Keane, but the number of years was 8 
    Ah!
  • Options
    Did Tony Gale actually play in a match with George Best though?
    Yes. He made his debut at 16 and played about 10 games with Best 77/78
  • Options
    Good questions @cabbles

• Options
    My mate has been doing these quizzes during lock down, I’ll add more as he does them mate 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    My mate has been doing these quizzes during lock down, I’ll add more as he does them mate 
    Please do, they're very good.