Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scots league season termination

Can't see clubs going for this.

Comments

• Options
    Points per game but not prem
  • Options
    This'll not work.

Play to a finish, or null and void.  There can be no in between.

Rules cannot be changed during a season.
    Totally agree. Can’t see it being played to a finish, so null and void is the only outcome that is sensible - some teams will be pissed off some will be happy. Ultimately It’s people’s lives that count, not the outcome of a football season. 
  • Options
    If the Championship did points per game I take it we would still finish third from bottom ? 
  • Options
    If the Championship did points per game I take it we would still finish third from bottom ? 
    Seeing as everyone has played the same no of games then I would say so.

If they did it against just the top 6 then we'd stay up.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    If they did it for results against the top 6 we would get promoted lol
  • Options
    If they did it in our championship we would be okay wouldn’t we even if we finished 3rd from bottom? They can’t promote a 3rd team from League One if there are no playoffs.
    Good point 
  • Options
    If it puts the mighty cowden top...great idea....otherwise crap...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It wouldn't be fair on Luton or Barnsley though. Both have shown signs there is life in them. 
  • Options
    Imagine the fall out from the Scousers if the English Prem gets nixed this season. I know it's not very sportsman like, but I for one would find that really funny :D 
    between the scoucers and the old firm arguing about 9 in a row/8 +1* in a row etc there are some BIG calls that need to be made.

Anne Budge has already said that we'll take legal action if we are relegated from the premiership without finishing the season although i think that was a warning shot was hoping to scare them off.

In my humble yet biased opinion, the best way for Scottish football to conclude the season is to extend the leagues to 14. the team currently in 1st place are champions and the team currently in 2nd are runners up with both promoted, no relegations. 
  • Options
    Imagine the fall out from the Scousers if the English Prem gets nixed this season. I know it's not very sportsman like, but I for one would find that really funny :D 
    between the scoucers and the old firm arguing about 9 in a row/8 +1* in a row etc there are some BIG calls that need to be made.

Anne Budge has already said that we'll take legal action if we are relegated from the premiership without finishing the season although i think that was a warning shot was hoping to scare them off.

In my humble yet biased opinion, the best way for Scottish football to conclude the season is to extend the leagues to 14. the team currently in 1st place are champions and the team currently in 2nd are runners up with both promoted, no relegations. 
    I think the top 4 in Scots league 3 should be promoted and bottom 4 from league 2...relegated....
  • Options
    Can't see clubs going for this.
    A link would be useful here.
    What story are you talking about?

This one?
  • Options
    Is this something to do with Covid 19 ...or have they just realised that it's an abject insult to competitive football and permanently closing the SFL out of sympathy to all involved?
  • Options
    Is this something to do with Covid 19 ...or have they just realised that it's an abject insult to competitive football and permanently closing the SFL out of sympathy to all involved?
    racist
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Looks like just one Championship team in Scotland need to vote in favour for this to pass with the required numbers all being obtained in other Leagues

e.g. the vote needed nine teams from the Premier League to accept the proposal, only Rangers and Hearts have been against it, naturally the only real two with anything to lose

Hope the FA dont tread the same path else its League One for us next season, you'll be able to guarantee that those directly above us will be in favour of ending the season early, as will the current top six

What'll annoy me about the Charlton situation if it happens isnt the fact we've only been in the relegation zone for one week this entire season (that could easily have happened after the Leeds game in May). But the fact that had we beaten Hull the very next game, we'd have been saved ourselves. Same from Luton and Barnsley, had they won a couple of games they could have been safe  - You cannot end a season early when such permutations exist!!

Not to mention its going to be massively awkward if this rolls on into large parts of next season - The Scottish League have jumped to this decision far too soon
  • Options
    The SFA does an incredible job in making Scottish football look utterly amateur.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like just one Championship team in Scotland need to vote in favour for this to pass with the required numbers all being obtained in other Leagues

e.g. the vote needed nine teams from the Premier League to accept the proposal, only Rangers and Hearts have been against it, naturally the only real two with anything to lose

Hope the FA dont tread the same path else its League One for us next season, you'll be able to guarantee that those directly above us will be in favour of ending the season early, as will the current top six

What'll annoy me about the Charlton situation if it happens isnt the fact we've only been in the relegation zone for one week this entire season (that could easily have happened after the Leeds game in May). But the fact that had we beaten Hull the very next game, we'd have been saved ourselves. Same from Luton and Barnsley, had they won a couple of games they could have been safe  - You cannot end a season early when such permutations exist!!

Not to mention its going to be massively awkward if this rolls on into large parts of next season - The Scottish League have jumped to this decision far too soon
    Personally think it’s different for our leagues, especially Championship for example. You’d have the current bottom 3 vote against it, 7th down to about 12th all voting against it as they would believe they can still get top 6, plus 3rd-6th would all think they have a chance of promotion too. That’s 13 teams already, over half the league.

If the FA were stupid enough to put things to a vote of whether the season should be finished as it currently stands, I think you’d have the majority against the idea in this country.

You are completely right that Scotland have reacted far too soon.

Let’s see what the situation is at the beginning of June and reassess. Things aren’t going to change too much before then, and we will have a clearer picture of the situation. If it gets to the point in June where we still see no end in sight, or a realistic date of returning, null and void everything and restart when we can.
  • Options
    So Dundee have voted in favour of ending the season, despite for the last few days they've been saying that they had voted against the proposal

Doesnt stink in the slightest does it!! 
  • Options
    Absolutely ridiculous situation. 
  • Options
    So Dundee have voted in favour of ending the season, despite for the last few days they've been saying that they had voted against the proposal

Doesnt stink in the slightest does it!! 
    They couldn't run a bath.
  • Options
    Only Scottish football could start an argument in an empty stadium 
  • Options
    Can see why Dundee were conflicted, but great news for lads over the road.  I would usually find myself more supportive of Dundee, but a great pal of mine and @guinnessaddick is at United these days, so delighted for him.
  • Options
    Its laugable that Partick Thistle have been relegated... they've a game in hand and are just two points behind the next team

Same with Raith Rovers who have been promoted and Falkirk, just a point seperates the two and they meet on the final day of the season
  • Options
    Perhaps all the teams involved in promotion / relegation, shouldn’t have had a vote.
  • Options
    Its laugable that Partick Thistle have been relegated... they've a game in hand and are just two points behind the next team

Same with Raith Rovers who have been promoted and Falkirk, just a point seperates the two and they meet on the final day of the season

It is examples like this that show that you have to null and void, or play to a finish.

You cannot change the rules of a competition half way through, it is absolutely ridiculous.

For every person that is in favour of what the sweaties have done, ask yourself if you would think it is right if it happened to Charlton now.