Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Drury, The Virginian, RIP

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/arts/television/james-drury-dies.html

Regular viewing our house in the 60s.  Never realised until years later he had a red shirt as we only had a black and white TV.

No mention if COVID19 involved so didn't use the other thread.

Comments

• Options
    RIP.  The theme tune comes to mind immediately.
  • Options
    RIP...
  • Options
    Another iconic name from my childhood. RIP
  • Options

RIP James,

Used to love The Virginian.

• Options
    RIP. Was staple viewing at my house too.

Always thought of Trampas as the star of the show, though maybe because 'The Virginian' was never named.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    Yep standard fare in our house when I was a kid. I remember one episode that seemed longer than normal when they all got involved in the Civil War. Trampas, aka Doug Mclure seemed to steal a lot of the scenes as I recall, I always wanted to be him, rather than The Virginian himself, who seemed a bit po faced in comparison.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/arts/television/james-drury-dies.html

Regular viewing our house in the 60s.  Never realised until years later he had a red waistcoat as we only had a black and white TV.

No mention if COVID19 involved so didn't use the other thread.
    Natural causes according to IMDb. 
    RIP
  • Options
    The Virginian - up there with Casey Jones and White Horses as childhood viewing.

RIP.
  • Options
    Man! I used to love that show. RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The Virginian - up there with Casey Jones and White Horses as childhood viewing.

RIP.
    My goodness, Casey Jones, I’d forgotten that one..... Casey Jones...... can’t remember anything about it apart from the credits with ol Casey giving a cheesy grin, as the feem toon blasted on about Casey at the throttle of the Cannonball Express!
    Edit - just watched 5 mins of an old Casey episode I found on YouTube. Yeah, of it’s time, best left there I think....👍🏻😉

• Options
    3blokes said:

RIP.
    My goodness, Casey Jones, I’d forgotten that one..... Casey Jones...... can’t remember anything about it apart from the credits with ol Casey giving a cheesy grin, as the feem toon blasted on about Casey at the throttle of the Cannonball Express!
    Edit - just watched 5 mins of an old Casey episode I found on YouTube. Yeah, of it’s time, best left there I think....👍🏻😉

And Champion the Wonder Horse!
  • Options
    RIP. Like others loved the programme. Seem to recall several Western type programmes ( Bonanza etc ) from back in the day.
  • Options
    Loved the show. TV back in the day was mostly westerns and we watched them all. If I listed all of them I'd end up with writer's cramp!