Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Large - RIP

Another victim of the bastard Coronavirus. 

Comments

• Options

Comedian Eddie Large, known for being part of double act Little and Large, has died, his agent has confirmed.

The star, 78, was a well known face on TV in the 1970s and 80s and was famous for his partnership with Syd Little.

Agent Peter Mansfield confirmed his death on Thursday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52136768

• Options
    Very sad. Rip
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories Eddie

RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    RIP.  He will be pleased his last few years saw a rampant Man City as he was a huge fan i recall from my childhood.

EDIT... nice touch by the club https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1245676045208031232 
  • Options
    Sad news, Little and Large were regular Saturday teatime viewing

Saw his former partner Syd in Fleetwood after a game there, as he runs a restaurant there
  • Options
    Funny, as a kid I loved Eddie & really couldn’t stand Sid.

As an adult I saw Sid on the BBC series they did based on the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel & I completely feel in love with him. I bet he’s beside himself having lost his buddy.

RIP Eddie ❤️
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Eddie had a heart transplant at 60 and yet he has lived to 78.

Journey back to our younger days remembering Sid and Eddie.

RIP Eddie.

I had to edit my post as in two minute the BBC report went from died, to died from Corona virus.
  • Options
    RIP big man.  Another pearl taken from the background noise of my youth.
  • Options
    Sad to hear RIP. Interesting that he had heart failure and then contracted Corona Virus whilst in hospital.

My dad died at the end of January from pneumonia that he contracted in hospital following a heart failure. It's a common problem I think, interestingly there doesn't seem to be any public announcements about the number of people who die this way!. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is sad, he always reminded me of my old nan. 
    RIP Eddie
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Eddie....
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Eddie x
  • Options
    Very sad. Little and Large were a staple of Saturday night tv back in the day. Clearly a lovely man too. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad to hear RIP. Interesting that he had heart failure and then contracted Corona Virus whilst in hospital.

My dad died at the end of January from pneumonia that he contracted in hospital following a heart failure. It's a common problem I think, interestingly there doesn't seem to be any public announcements about the number of people who die this way!. 
    Sorry to hear about your dad @CheshireAddick but Pneumonia seems to be written on many death certificates including both my in-laws yet in reality it was just the final part of the process as the body succumbs to other issues like the heart or Dementia in my in-laws case.
  • Options
    R I P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Eddie
  • Options
    RIP Eddie, great Saturday night entertainment to heighten the spirits after watching us lose again at the valley..

Met Sid Little 18 months ago in Fleetwood where he runs the restaurant at the steamer inn, (back of Fleetwood market), this was just after he was on some programme in India on BBC.

Was very friendly and posed for pictures with the punters.
  • Options
    RIP Eddie.
  • Options
    RIP Eddie.

Remember seeing him and Syd Little in a show in Blackpool many years ago.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    This is sad, he always reminded me of my old nan. 
    RIP Eddie
    Sorry, I assumed you meant to say your old man, but did you actually mean your old nan?
    If so, that’s quite funny and I reckon Eddie Large would’ve found it funny too.
  • Options
    Some shared his 'Gotcha' today from YouTube, basically an obnoxious drunk bloke interrupting his meal in a restaurant over and over in various horrible ways.

Eddie Large stayed so calm and polite whilst coming out with funny replies to this bloke being appalling.

Came across as a gent.  

RIP.

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Some shared his 'Gotcha' today from YouTube, basically an obnoxious drunk bloke interrupting his meal in a restaurant over and over in various horrible ways.

Eddie Large stayed so calm and polite whilst coming out with funny replies to this bloke being appalling.

Came across as a gent.  

RIP.

I remember watching this myself and the way Eddie kept his cool was fantastic but, of course, he had been dealing with drunks for years in the pubs and clubs when he was working.
  • Options

Came across as a gent.  

RIP.

I remember watching this myself and the way Eddie kept his cool was fantastic but, of course, he had been dealing with drunks for years in the pubs and clubs when he was working.
    Very true.

I was most impressed by how he still came across at witty.

"What do you do Bob, when you're not annoying people?"