Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adoption of Kittens

Trying desperately to adopt 2 kittens, all adoption centres seem to be closed. If anyone knows of any please let me know. 
Experienced cat owners, living in Blackheath. WIll be lovely home and if we got a boy intending to call him Jackson!

Comments

• From what I gather most rescues not accepting or rehoming due to virus. 
    Rumours firstly being falsely circulated that dogs in particular can carry the virus, this led to dogs being dumped on rescues. 
    Secondly people at kennels/cattery being put at risk by being in contact with people or unable to home check. 
    Incidentally, from what believe the animals can carry it externally but not internally.  
  • Kimbo,

try Celia Hammonds in Lewisham. My mum is the homing officer and I know she’s been doing the ‘vetting’ via video call while the lockdown is on. I spoke to her last night and she said they’re trying to home as many animals as possible because 
  • We have just brought 360 pouches of cat food to deliver to cats in crisis in ransgate.they have over 100 cats and running low on food. The funding for them is way down due to the charity shop closed so really hard time for pet rescues. Pet owners if you can drop a pack of food to your local centre or if you have food your fussy gits wont eat drop that of. It all helps 😿
  • Gasman said:
    We have just brought 360 pouches of cat food to deliver to cats in crisis in ransgate.they have over 100 cats and running low on food. The funding for them is way down due to the charity shop closed so really hard time for pet rescues. Pet owners if you can drop a pack of food to your local centre or if you have food your fussy gits wont eat drop that of. It all helps 😿
    Do they have a website/donation option? Could only find a “Cats in Crisis Thanet”? 
  • Hi se9. Thats them. 

• Gasman said:
    Hi se9. Thats them. 

Cheers, sorry - my Kent geography is rubbish! 
  • Celia Hammonds Are excellent, I adopted my 2 cats from them around 8 years ago, there a fantastic charity :-)
  • Daddy_Pig said:
    Kimbo,

try Celia Hammonds in Lewisham. My mum is the homing officer and I know she’s been doing the ‘vetting’ via video call while the lockdown is on. I spoke to her last night and she said they’re trying to home as many animals as possible because 
    Hi, i have spoken to them already, but could you give her my name?  will DM you  thanks
  • se9addick said:
    Gasman said:
    We have just brought 360 pouches of cat food to deliver to cats in crisis in ransgate.they have over 100 cats and running low on food. The funding for them is way down due to the charity shop closed so really hard time for pet rescues. Pet owners if you can drop a pack of food to your local centre or if you have food your fussy gits wont eat drop that of. It all helps 😿
    Do they have a website/donation option? Could only find a “Cats in Crisis Thanet”? 
    Sent them a donation. 
  • Wow. Thankyou.