Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++RIP Seb Lewis - The Ultimate Charlton Super Fan+++

Comments

• Options
    1StevieG said:
    That piece in the Sun has done me in.
    Same
  • Options
    Is that photo of Halifax Town in that Serbian report? Watched it on TV.  Seb would have been up there of course. 
  • Options
    Still a shock every time I see this thread - very hard to believe. I hope the family are getting the support they need.
  • Options
    What tremendous tributes from all his fellow Charlton fans, (and others), what a great loss, makes you proud to be an Addick. Never met him, but  R.I.P.
  • Options
    I'll turn that around and say we Addicks are proud and honoured that Seb was one too.
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Is that photo of Halifax Town in that Serbian report? Watched it on TV.  Seb would have been up there of course. 
    Yes, definitely.
  • Options

I'll turn that around and say we Addicks are proud and honoured that Seb was one too.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    100% agree.
  • Options
    The ultimate loyal supporter.
  • Options
    Don’t understand a word of Spanish, but why is Toxina laughing in the comments? 
    What is he saying?
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Don’t understand a word of Spanish, but why is Toxina laughing in the comments? 
    What is he saying?
    Paso de verga is a crude expression that has a variety of meanings eg 'overstepped the boundary' 'crossed the line'. So I'm guessing he means Coronavirus overstepped the mark when it overcame Seb. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Couldn't understand a word. Still blubbed like a baby.
    They refer to him as a hincha:

'Some of the most famous football words originate in Uruguay.  One word refers to someone who doesn't play but nonetheless is the heart and soul of the game and really looks after the team: 'the hincha' (Spanish word for fan).

In early 20th century Nacional de Football de Montevideo (El Bolso) hired Prudencio Miguel Reyes as their kit man. His duties included inflating footballs. The person who pumped up the balls ("hinchador de balones") was soon referred to as "hincha". Prudencio became much more than that; he ended up being their main supporterHis enthusiastic shouts and chants made other spectators encourage their team tirelessly. "Look at the hincha, he is cheering the team on!", someone would say from the stand of El Parque stadium.  

The Spanish term "hincha," coined exclusively for Prudencio, became known across Uruguay as a reference to any ardent football enthusiast and spread from La Plata River tothe rest of the Americas to Spain."

Yes, Seb was definitely the Hincha of Charlton Athletic

I love this ❤️
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Couldn't understand a word. Still blubbed like a baby.
    They refer to him as a hincha:

'Some of the most famous football words originate in Uruguay.  One word refers to someone who doesn't play but nonetheless is the heart and soul of the game and really looks after the team: 'the hincha' (Spanish word for fan).

In early 20th century Nacional de Football de Montevideo (El Bolso) hired Prudencio Miguel Reyes as their kit man. His duties included inflating footballs. The person who pumped up the balls ("hinchador de balones") was soon referred to as "hincha". Prudencio became much more than that; he ended up being their main supporterHis enthusiastic shouts and chants made other spectators encourage their team tirelessly. "Look at the hincha, he is cheering the team on!", someone would say from the stand of El Parque stadium.  

The Spanish term "hincha," coined exclusively for Prudencio, became known across Uruguay as a reference to any ardent football enthusiast and spread from La Plata River tothe rest of the Americas to Spain."

Yes, Seb was definitely the Hincha of Charlton Athletic

I love this ❤️
    Head Hincha!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At last a decent article in the sun
    Great tribute
    Well seb 1076 not out
    RIP 
    The 1st game back at the valley is going to be something special that's for sure
    God bless you
  • Options
    Near £10k for the statue great news.
  • Options

A suggestion for funding towards a statue or plaque for Seb.

How about every season the first game at the Valley - be it pre-season or league - be designated the “Seb Lewis Memorial Game”

Fans could donate entering or leaving the ground and all funds raised could be used for the memorial.  Perhaps every contributor could be given a sticky lapel badge with a picture of Seb and his flag.

When the statue or plaque is in place, funds raised could go to a charity chosen by Seb’s family, no doubt Charlton related.

Every season would start with best possible vibes - thoughts of our favourite fan.

• Options
    paddycafc said:
    Couple of photos from encounters with Seb. 12.07.17 UCD friendly in Dublin. and 08.12.19 Middlebrough.
    Pretty sure my sons in the background of the Seb picture @boro away, unknowingly.

Insane to think Seb was going to be taken 3 months later, still can’t quite believe it.
  • Options
    I’m actually sat in the background of that UCD Dublin picture with the glasses on. The fellow next to me is a bloke who works with me in and based in Dublin (Man City fan). When I told him of the sad news on Thursday he even remembered me pointing out Seb at that game and explaining his legend.