Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Worldy Cup

2»

Comments

• Options
    Always love watching that 2nd touch from Mendonca. The disguise on the turn was sublime.
  • Options
    A toughie. I want to vote for Parker but Mendoncas turn is obscene - the way the two Sunderland players run into each other...
  • Options
    Yeah that touch from Mendonca is just beautiful the way he mugs off the Sunderland defence

They should have had Lisbie v Parker as two very similar goals - So impressive from Scott the way he keeps his balance as he enters the box
  • Options
    That's a tough choice. Mendonca's first touch is Bergkampesque but that's a great goal from Parker. Probably just give it to Mendonca.
  • Options
    it's a no brainer, Mendonca hands down. It was in a play off final. The context has to be taken into account.
  • Options
    Super Clive all day long, that touch, turn and finish, just exceptional. No matter what the occasion. Just pure strikers instinct. Parker just runs pretty much unchallenged, looks like he might fall over, then mishits a toe punt into the corner by luck. Leeds were proper shit that season too. I prolly could have scored against them. No contest. 
  • Options
    Favourite ever Charlton player against my least favourite player Charlton player.No brainier. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jensen at Highbury. 

The quality of not only the goal, but the opposition as well. 
    What made that goal so special was the look up before execution.

SuperClive's hat-trick was probably the highest quality hat-trick ever scored at Wembley. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Croydon said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Surely this is a no-contest.

Only one goal won goal of the season. 
    One goal won Golden Goal as well. Hales v Bartlett should be the final.
    No. I think if Mendonca's third in 1998 doesn't win the lot we have failed as a fan base.
    Quality of the goal not the occasion. On that basis Bartlett wins hands down.
    Steve Jones absolutely hammers the ball in as a "cross" and Mendonca does unbelievably well to control it, then contort his body to put it past Perez.

And I don't think one can really divorce goal from occasion. Well, it's in the eye of the beholder, but I think Carlos Alberto's goal in the 1970 World Cup final is probably the greatest goal of all time. It wasn't influential in the match, sure, but it represented the zenith of football at its purest - the last time you could truly just send eleven players out on a pitch with instructions barely greater than "play football" and win a World Cup (though they were of course incredibly well prepared as footballers for the tournament, don't get me wrong).

That Brazil '70 team represents The Beautiful Game for me. But I digress.
    Just a bit 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parker, he meant his.