Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help me find Carlo’s classic goal

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hahaha,  I am the same.  I can't remember what happened yesterday but I can remember going to games and things that happened during those games during the mid/late 70's and early 80's.

• Options
    Same here - I'd struggle to tell you the score of a game this season but can remember games from 1975.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    It’s a long time since I binned all my old end of season VHS’s but I’d love to rewatch 1987-8 and 88-9 now...
    Here you go! 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Brilliant, thanks Alan! I now have to dig out the tape. And a VCR. 
    The former will probably be easier than the latter!
    @JiMMy 85
    If you need a VCR, you can borrow mine.  Just stand at the end of the drive and I'll throw it out to you.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    It’s a long time since I binned all my old end of season VHS’s but I’d love to rewatch 1987-8 and 88-9 now...
    Here you go! 

5'09" - I bet that person's regretting throwing that loo roll now!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Here you go! 

That’s from a pirate copy, shocking quality, god to see highlights of my first game and goal though, although bad for the reminder of the shithole that is selhurst park...
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Here you go! 

That’s from a pirate copy, shocking quality, god to see highlights of my first game and goal though, although bad for the reminder of the shithole that is selhurst park...
    I encoded it from a VHS tape that we officially bought, and kind of wish I hadn't shared it with you now! 
  • Options
    I am always astounded how good people's memories are with this stuff.  I can barely remember the Middlesbrough game from the other week.
    Can you remember any Middlesbrough game though? Humans tend to remember happy times or landmark events. I went, by plane, to Boro in the FA cup, I saw Allan Simomsons debut and I must have seen them play many times over the years. I can’t remember anything from any of the games though but I can remember Carlo scoring against Southend at Roots Hall 20 odd years ago.
  • Options
    I am always astounded how good people's memories are with this stuff.  I can barely remember the Middlesbrough game from the other week.
    Can you remember any Middlesbrough game though? Humans tend to remember happy times or landmark events. I went, by plane, to Boro in the FA cup, I saw Allan Simomsons debut and I must have seen them play many times over the years. I can’t remember anything from any of the games though but I can remember Carlo scoring against Southend at Roots Hall 20 odd years ago.
    True.  I do have a permanent reminder of the FA cup game up there though in the form of a scar on my shin from kicking the (empty) seat (ooh you're hard Rodney) in frustration after their goal and my shin catching the ridge at the top and it bled all the way back to the Watford Gap.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Before the recent Boro game I compared it to an equally important March fixture during a relegation -threatened season. CAFC 1-0 Boro 12 Mar 66. Lenny Glover scored the winner with (I think) for him a rare header. Boro went down that year, Charlton survived - hence my hopes for this season's game.

• Options
    I always thought the Notts County 5-1 'was the match Gary Nelson got a hatrick. It was our first league hatrick since 1986. I'm sure it was that season.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I always thought the Notts County 5-1 'was the match Gary Nelson got a hatrick. It was our first league hatrick since 1986. I'm sure it was that season.
    Same season CAFC 5-1 Peterborough 23 Apr 94  Garry Nelson hat trick

• Options
    5 goals. Carlo scored 1, assisted 2 and heavily involved in the build up for the other 2. About as elegant as a baby giraffe at times, but bloody effective at his best. Legend.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

In the saddest of circumstances we now learn that this was Seb Lewis' very first game and the one that set him on his path. RIP.
  • Options
    Checked on Youtube to no avail.  However, I did find a classic clip of Carl picking up his 'man of the match' award at the Woolwich branch of Rumbelows - a 21 inch colour TV no less!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxmZkQpRVv8
    Carlo left the poor guy hanging for ages!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Here you go! 

You know it's worth watching when it starts off with me winning a penalty. 
  • Options
    I think you’ll find that was me! 
  • Options