Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Virtual match thread - 1998 play-off final

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Well I didn’t see that coming.
  • Options
    Sasa Ilic what a hero! Heart goes out to Michael Gray, got to feel for him.

Promoted to the Prem!
    I never thought I'd ever see Charlton in the Prem. What a day today at Wembley!
  • Options
    Kins lifting the Trophy!
  • Options
    Commentator: "Charlton: back to the premiership for the first time!"
  • Options
    Jeez Rufus’ voice is much higher than I’d have thought!
  • Options
    What a game. All in control in 1st half, 1-0 up,

2-1 down 10 mins in the 2nd half but the lads dug in.
    Mendonca, class ...... so cool, just quality.

And Roof, what an equaliser, what a  ground, what a time to score your 1st goal, 85th min.

I can't believe it. What a day!

• Options
    Alan Curbishley- we didn't practice penalties yesterday 

Mark Bright-We practiced Penalties yesterday 

Lol
  • Options
    Wow that was tense second time around - what a cracking experience that was, real quality at times with lots of hard graft and team spirit.
  • Options
    The cameras are in the Charlton dressing room now, all our players are singing, "Super, Super Clive, Super Clive Mendonca!" as he holds the trophy, big grin on his face.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I loved it when Curbs said "The supporters have been through so much..."  Piece of cake so far.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Tried to get a bet on 4-4 feckin paddy power website down 
    Count yourself lucky - extra time doesn’t count, you would needed to have done 3-3. 
  • Options
    I think they've given the result away with that picture!
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
    AshBurton said:
    We’ve hardly let in a goal in two months, can’t see us conceding today
    Damn
    When we scored first, I thought we'd win 1-0.  When they equalised, I thought 4-1.  At least I got the number of our goals right.
  • Options
    Once it got to 7-6 I knew we'd win.  It's such an iconic score in Charlton's history, and now it's in that history twice.
  • Options
    Once it got to 7-6 I knew we'd win.  It's such an iconic score in Charlton's history, and now it's in that history twice.
    That's exactly what I thought that day, looking up at the scoreboard. Knew their last penalty would be missed. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed watching that today but can't believe that we beat them at Wembley again. What's that? Three times now? Weren't we supposed to be playing Cardiff yesterday?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    That's exactly what I thought that day, looking up at the scoreboard. Knew their last penalty would be missed. 
    I didn't.  I stood there every time thinking we'd miss, and that they would score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoyed watching that today but can't believe that we beat them at Wembley again. What's that? Three times now? Weren't we supposed to be playing Cardiff yesterday?
    I think we are playing them again today and it’s being shown on You Tube. I’m going for a last minute winner from Bauer, also fancy Purrington to score. If we can get the win it’ll be 4 wins out of 4 against them at Wembley. I honestly think we have to the capability to be the new Huddersfield and go on a 900 game unbeaten run. 
  • Options
    Just listened to Robinson talking about his penalty history prior to this match. Glad i didn't know that before the game! Taken only two before; one aged 12 (missed) one against Norwich for his hat trick (missed) and Curbs went mad as he wasn't (obv) the designated taker.