Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Linger - Memorial Benefit game now at Hornchurch 05/12/21 2pm (p6)

Comments

• Options
    Horrible news and my heart goes out to Paul's family especially his little boy 

Rest in peace 
  • Options
    Extra sad when people are taken far too early. RIP Paul. Always an Addick. 
  • Options
    Desperately sad news, and a terrible illness to die of at any age.

RIP Paul.
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    Really terrible news.  RIP Paul Linger.  Thoughts to his family and especially his little lad.
  • Options
    RIP Paul. Never saw you play in person as was in USA but once an addick always an addick
  • Options
    RIP Paul. Bloody awful news, thoughts are with your family 
  • Options
    So sad. Rest in peace xx.
  • Options
    Ah, so sad. 

You know you're getting old when the "promising youngsters" you remember watching are no longer with us.

RIP Paul.
  • Options
    Taken too young. RIP Paul 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad RIP Paul.
  • Options
    RIP Paul.
  • Options
    Really sad news and upsetting news..... RIP Paul
  • Options
    RIP Paul, very sad news. 
  • Options
    RIP, thoughts and prayers with his family friends.  I enjoyed seeing that goal doing the rounds on social media. It may have been his only goal, but a decent hit 
  • Options
    RIP Paul.
  • Options
    RIP 
  • Options
    Tragic, RIP Paul.
  • Options
    RIP sincere condolences to Paul's family and friends.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Paul 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    So awful for those left behind especially after the mother of his child died early as well.
    Really? My god,that is awful,his poor lad. Life is so,so unfair sometimes. RIP Paul.
  • Options
    RIP too young to go! Very very sad news
  • Options
    RIP. He chatted my ex up in Flamingos years ago. She came home and asked me if Paul Linger played for Charlton as he’d used the fact he played for us as a line. 
  • Options
    RIP Paul. Heartbreaking news. Proud to say that I was there to see his only goal at Ipswich.
    God bless his child who's now lost his Mum & Dad
  • Options
    Tragic beyond belief,that poor lad,what can he be going through, a cruel world at times,also Jose Semedo losing his wife at such a young age.no justice in this world the wrong people suffering.
  • Options
    RIP. He chatted my ex up in Flamingos years ago. She came home and asked me if Paul Linger played for Charlton as he’d used the fact he played for us as a line. 
    TBF you did tell her you were the real Dave Mehmet. 
  • Options
    CAST are keen to publicise the Paul Linger memorial / charity match that is being held this Sunday at Cray Valley Paper Mills (kick off 12pm)

The information we have doesn't say who will be playing or which charity the match will be in aid of. Does anyone have any more details ?
  • Options
    Pico said:
    CAST are keen to publicise the Paul Linger memorial / charity match that is being held this Sunday at Cray Valley Paper Mills (kick off 12pm)

The information we have doesn't say who will be playing or which charity the match will be in aid of. Does anyone have any more details ?

A memorial match celebrating the life of former Addick Paul Linger will take place at Cray Valley PM Stadium on Sunday, 31st October (12pm).

Linger sadly passed away on 1st October 2021, aged 46, after being diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer.

A host of Charlton legends will pay tribute to the late Linger this weekend, with Caretaker Manager Johnnie Jackson and Caretaker Assistant Jason Euell set to join Jon Fortune, Carl Leaburn and Kevin Lisbie in Eltham.

All proceeds raised will go to The Sports Business Club, a networking company that funds 98 sports clubs and mental health projects all over the UK.

Tickets for the memorial match, priced at £10 for adults and £5 for children, are available by clicking here.

For additional ticket information, please email contact@thesportsbusinessclub.co.uk

Supporters wishing to stream the game are able to do so via the Sports X Stream website.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6176c329c92e4/paul-linger-memorial-match-to-take-place-this-sunday

• Options
    tba his benefit game today has been called off due to waterlogged pitch