Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Football Manager version?

13»

Comments

• Options
    6 games in to the season, Charlton have 1 win 3 draws and 2 defeats

Lyle Taylor is scoring lots of goals but refusing to sign a contract, Williams has been out with a hamstring injury...
  • Options
    Charlton Aesthetic is now doing this too. She says she has learnt so much about football, but persists in trying to sign any goalkeeper with a high 'eccentricity' stat
  • Options
    I've just started one as Welling as I like the idea of trying to work my way up through the leagues, but got bored after about two games not knowing any players. The amount of work that goes into trying to understand the squad, training, scouting etc is exhausting. 

I could start one with Charlton for the sake of familiarity but don't think I could handle taking orders from Matt Southall. 
  • Options
    This is a struggle, you know when things aren't going well when you lose 5-0 at Boro and the players offer to refund the travel costs of the fans. I am Karel Fraeye  :D
  • Options
    Start at the beginning............. B)
  • Options
    I've logged around 12,000 hours on FM11. Granted, a lot of that is idling, but... Yeah. So for me, as it's probably the latest version my Mac could comfortably run, that's been the standard.

But I fell in love with the games through CM4. Freddy Adulting available on a free, at 13 years old... What could have been!

May have to download FM20 and eventually crack and buy it. But I suspect the game has moved on a lot in nine years...
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Championship Manager 01/02 addiction diaries.

Day 4:

After late night finishes and more hours of game time than I care to admit, I made the mistake of shutting my computer down and Championship Manager won't let me reload my saved game without a disc (I've just used the free download).

I'm now on the hunt for the disc (and a CD drive for my laptop).  :confounded:
  • Options
    For anyone running CM01/02, make sure it's patch 3.9.68 as it's less buggy.

Then Google the CM01/02 Super Greeks for potential signings and enjoy!
  • Options

Day 4:

After late night finishes and more hours of game time than I care to admit, I made the mistake of shutting my computer down and Championship Manager won't let me reload my saved game without a disc (I've just used the free download).

No need for the disc anymore, you're able to just  mount the disc image and continue as normal
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Day 4:

No need for the disc anymore, you're able to just  mount the disc image and continue as normal
    @KentishAddick How do I do this?

EDIT: Please ignore me. It looks like there are instructions on the website.

EDIT #2: Anyone know how to do this? I seem to been having some trouble following the instructions. 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am I being really dense here? Can't seem to be able to work out how to load my saved game without the disc, even with the instructions.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
  • Options
    What operating system are you using?
  • Options
    Windows 10
  • Options
    Am I being really dense here? Can't seem to be able to work out how to load my saved game without the disc, even with the instructions.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
    Did you install it on your PC, surely you can open it without the disk?
  • Options
    Windows 10
    Go to where you originally downloaded and extracted cm0102.iso (Probably your download folder) right click and select mount. You have to do this every time you turn your pc on.