Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - PODCAST RELEASED - Round up of the week

edited March 2020 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet. (If you're having issues listening via Chrome - please try another browser)

Join us live at 7pm, or via the podcast afterwards, as we try and discuss the omnishambles that is Charlton Athletic Football Club. We'll hear from Lee Bowyer (quotes from last Thursday) and Supporters Trust chair Richard Wiseman. 

GOOGLE CHROME: Listeners who have struggled to tune in via Google Chrome over recent weeks can follow these steps in preparation for this evening's show:  Click the Lock icon on the URL address bar > Site settings > scroll down and look for Insecure content > Allow. If this still doesn't work, try another browser.

Contact the studio in my kitchen - 
Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive 
or Comment in this thread 

Comments

• This’ll have to be an eight hour special!
  • edited March 2020
    What with the owner and Chairman going for handbags at dawn, smashing Hull into next Wednesday and CV 19 having a blinder, I can’t think there will be that much else to talk about...
  • 1StevieG said:
    What with the owner and Chairman going for handbags at dawn, smashing Hull into next Wednesday and CV 19 having a blinder, I can’t think there will be that much else to talk about...
    The show will be done and dusted by 7:15 ...
  • Hi Louis - As you were at the valley the other night can you provide details of what you observed first hand to supplement your video of MS leaving. Well done for being there & capturing the evidence. Cheers Barry 
  • Looking forward to this.
  • What is the latest Louis in regards to the dispute. Regards Gary Cooper from Woolwich.
  • Not even played a game. 

What’s to talk about?
  • edited March 2020
    Sorry, posted about Corona Virus on here by accident :)
  • What exactly is going on at our club, is Matt still running the show??
  • What exactly is going on at our club, is Matt still running the show??
    No, I think it's still Louis' show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you have any inside track, on whether the season will continue and be finished, it would just be Charlton’s luck the first time they are in the bottom 3 they end up being relegated!
  • What an absolutely mad week.

Thursday evening took the biscuit.
    My son and I sat together on Thursday evening continually updating our phones watching the madness at the Valley unravel in front of us.

This row blowing up when the club was about to face it's biggest game of the season, before the corona-virus intervened.

I suspect many players and staff have stories to tell about what has been going on behind the scenes for the last three months.

Hasn't our club been through enough in the last dozen or so years?

Murray losing the plot after Curbs left, a bunch of carpet baggers buying the club as part of some property scam, a meglo-maniac billionaire owner mismanaging the club and now this.

I fear this is the start of another distressing chapter in our club's history.

I suspect Southall won't give up his shares in ESI easily and we could be in for a prolonged legal battle between him and Nimer.
    Southall will want his pound of flesh.

I simply don't trust Nimer either.

The way he has handled this affair through launching attacks and passing comments on social media doesn't make me believe he is the steady, level headed owner we need to take the club forward.

He still hasn't proved he has the finances to buy the freeholds on the Valley and Sparrows Lane.
    Nor does he keep very good company when it comes to the business people he hires or associates with.
    He hasn't demonstrated he has any knowledge or experience of how to run a football club.

I hope he surprises us and pulls it off but I doubt it.

Strap yourself in it's going to be a bumpy ride.
  • Louis as the shows coming out of your kitchen, any chance of Mark rustling up any goodies?
  •  Any news on Jamie O'Hara?
  • Under Roland it was a slow bleed that he couldn't be arsed to stem, Southall and co appear to have been actively sucking us dry.
  • if we run out of money in december do we get a large tv payment in january
  • I see Nimer has Instagrammed your video, and it’s had a like from Lyle Taylor 👍
  • If the club becomes available for purchase again the Aussies are not 100% out of the equation. But price for the freeholds would have to be lower than £50m for them to renew their interest. 
  • edited March 2020
    I think this season will be declared nul and void, because the spread of the virus won’t peak for two or three months - so football won’t be able to restart until August or September when many clubs will have players out of contract.
    I think the FA would rather start next season afresh, rather than shortening it. Clubs need clarity so they can plan ahead, and it’s impossible to give clarity without ending the season now as a write off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Top show Gents.

Thank you
  • Blimey, that ending to the show was like when the BBC shut down before WWII!
  • WSAWSA
    edited March 2020
    :'(:'(:'(
  • Tavern said:
    Top show Gents.

Thank you
    I was disappointed by the lack of contributions by Solly though :D
  • Listened to the podcast this afternoon, very good ... even with the doorbell in the background as Nathan rocked up late!

Did anyone else listen to the opening section - the run-down of day-by-day events - and not have ELO's Diary Of Horace Wimp running through their heads?

"[Monday]

Lied again today, he'd be in trouble though he'd say he was sorry, he'd have to hurry out to the Range (Rover)

Southall was so sad, he'd never had a club that he could care for, and if he lied once more, he'd be out

[Tuesday]

Southall found a flat, it was small and it was very pricey, he thought he was in love, he was afraid

..."