Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How to make a poll? Southall vs Nimer

2»

Comments

• Southall has not got a pot to urinate in
    But he does live in a lovely flat  :)
  • Arthur Daley
  • Wasn’t sure yesterday but it looks very bad on Southall so I’m with Nimer.
  • edited March 2020
    Both their stories reek of bullshit. Wouldn’t trust either of them as far as I could throw them.

I’m #teamCharlton so I just want what’s best for the club and for us fans to stop getting shat on by exploitative owners. I suspect in the long run the best thing will be if these lot would all fuck off and let someone with some integrity have a go.

At the moment we are in danger of going the way of Pompey, who, for several years, lurched from one bad owner to another, all looking to make a fast buck, until they finally sunk low enough that the fans could afford to buy them. They’re still in recovery from that, best part of a decade later.

I got laughed at for saying it before, but towards the end Roland was actually getting into the ball park of being an ok owner. Fine, the playing budget needed to be bigger and there should’ve been a competent permanent CEO employed, but the bills were being paid, a small but dedicated and properly qualified team of Charlton people were running the club on and off the pitch, and Roland was largely keeping his nose out if it. The day to day running of the club was as good as it had been since Varney was last at the club and the club was not going to be allowed to go into administration. We were in a relatively secure position compared to a lot of clubs. Not sure we can say that now. The future looks very uncertain indeed. 
  • edited March 2020
    Both their stories reek of bullshit. Wouldn’t trust either of them as far as I could throw them.

I’m #teamCharlton so I just want what’s best for the club and for us fans to stop getting shat on by exploitative owners. I suspect in the long run the best thing will be if these lot would all fuck off and let someone with some integrity have a go.

At the moment we are in danger of going the way of Pompey, who lurched from one bad owner to another, all looking to make a fast buck for several years until they finally sunk low enough that the fans could afford to buy them. They’re still in recovery from that, best part of a decade later.

I got laughed at for saying it before, but towards the end Roland was actually getting into the ball park of being an ok owner. Fine, the playing budget needed to be bigger and there should’ve been a competent permanent CEO employed, but the bills were being paid, a small but dedicated and properly qualified team of Charlton people were running the club on and off the pitch, and Roland was largely keeping his nose out if it. The day to day running of the club was as good as it had been since Varney was last at the club and the club was not going to be allowed to go into administration. We were in a relatively secure position compared to a lot of clubs. Not sure we can say that now. The future looks very uncertain indeed. 
    Agreed. It also has to be said our scouting and signings have been brilliant the last 2 years or so while Roland took a backseat, a phenomenal success rate on no budget with Steve Gallen overseeing things. If we get relegated it will be very difficult to repeat this level of success if we have a similar budget to last time.

Is it a coincidence our worst transfer window probably since the Slade summer signings took place with Southall in the building, could things have been different if it was Gallen going to Roland again? 
  • Both their stories reek of bullshit. Wouldn’t trust either of them as far as I could throw them.

At the moment we are in danger of going the way of Pompey, who lurched from one bad owner to another, all looking to make a fast buck for several years until they finally sunk low enough that the fans could afford to buy them. They’re still in recovery from that, best part of a decade later.

Agreed. It also has to be said our scouting and signings have been brilliant the last 2 years or so while Roland took a backseat, a phenomenal success rate on no budget with Steve Gallen overseeing things. If we get relegated it will be very difficult to repeat this level of success if we have a similar budget to last time.

Is it a coincidence our worst transfer window probably since the Slade summer signings took place with Southall in the building, could things have been different if it was Gallen going to Roland again? 
    Well we wouldn’t have been under a transfer embargo for a starters, although who knows if there would’ve been sufficient funds to actually sign anyone permanently.