Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Get organised and buy the club

I realise that it's a pretty dire situation but I think we know that we will now hear from Mr Southall that major investment is just around the corner, well it isn't ! As a collective we have more money than this lot, they gained control of the club for nothing so could we !

Comments

• Options
    This was looked into before it is a non starter even if Roland gave us it for £1
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Chunes I don't think Southall's mob can either but they are sitting waiting for the season ticket money to roll in and they will milk that and be off.
  • Options
    Season ticket money wouldn't even pay 1/4 of the wage bill.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Chunes I don't think Southall's mob can either but they are sitting waiting for the season ticket money to roll in and they will milk that and be off.

• Options
    EA Sports. It's in the game. 
  • Options
    Even if every single fan who went to Wembley (around 35k) put in a grand each, that wouldn't even cover what Roland wants for the Valley and training ground.

Then you have to pay the wage bill.

Complete non starter.
  • Options
    Unfortunately it isn’t viable in this day and age regardless of whether we are in the Championship or League One. 
  • Options
    Even if every single fan who went to Wembley (around 35k) put in a grand each, that wouldn't even cover what Roland wants for the Valley and training ground.

Then you have to pay the wage bill.

Complete non starter.

• Options
    Let's assume Roland wants 50 million for the club.
    The running costs over the next 5 years would probably be in the region of 5 to 10 million per season. 
    In order to by and run a club now you have to be seriously minted. 
    What with the uncertainty over corona virus and the money market in freefall God knows who would want to buy a football club at present. 
    I fear the worst. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ive got a score
  • Options
    I didn't say buy the ground or Sparrows lane, my feeling has always been that Dutchalet wanted to run this with zero losses and it has been posted elsewhere that it looks likely that will be achieved, Matt Southall has not a pot to pee in and the hopes of him buying the whole package is Zero. I will stand corrected to those who have done the maths but I still fail to see how Southall will run this club if he has no money. 
  • Options
    I think rather than that we should perhaps be looking to pool resources to help the livelihoods of the non playing staff who this morning might be particularly worried about the future 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Chunes said:
    Season ticket money wouldn't even pay 1/4 of the wage bill.
    Agree with both of those comments, where will season ticket money go to?

Help MS buy some more cars?
  • Options
    Ok Jon, make you right but it's CAFC that would go into administration not the infrastructure that Dutchalet still owns, so if that's the case the club will die as it does not have any assets and no one would be interested in putting a rescue plan together. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Ive got a score

Better than we managed on Saturday then.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Ok Jon, make you right but it's CAFC that would go into administration not the infrastructure that Dutchalet still owns, so if that's the case the club will die as it does not have any assets and no one would be interested in putting a rescue plan together. 
    And Roland is I expect still the only creditor!
  • Options
    We need to get organised and fund some legal advice or pressure the EFL to do so. This whole thing stinks to high heaven and Roland has to be included in that.
  • Options
    Well you might find the Inland Revenue would dispute that Kent 
  • Options
    Would we all get consultancy fees and a Range Rover?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the one hand, pro football is run by the ultra-wealthy and this won't change substantially until the world itself is fixed

On the other, quite a few of our fans do have significantly more than 1k to give. Initial forays towards a consortium of our wealthier fans might not be a bad start
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Bailey said:
    And Roland is I expect still the only creditor!
    Range Rovers are us are now on the list. 
  • Options
    Been here before, put in £1000 . An owned my little bit of the club. They cancelled my shares and left me with a piece of worthless paper.